MWU-CPG c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badboyz2005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for the upcoming application cycle. Just wondering who else is applying to this school and have anyone heared anything yet?

Pharmcas mailed: 08/08/12
Supplemental submitted: 08/15/12

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings to those who are applying to Midwestern Glendale's Pharmacy program for the Class Of 2016!

I am a first year MWUG pharmacy student currently in my second quarter. If you have any questions about the application/interview process, academic rigors, or books to buy (for those who eventually get accepted and decide they want to attend here, I have a pharmacy calculations book for purchase if you want it), let me know!

Good luck everyone!

Hi,

Do you still remembered how long it took MWU-CPG to invite people for interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Do you still remembered how long it took MWU-CPG to invite people for interviews?

I am also a first year in my second quarter, so feel free to holler at me if you have any questions as well :) For me, it took less than a week. I believe the average was anywhere between 2-7 days, depending on when the next interview cycle is.

I'm getting a little nervous since i submitted my supp already. However, it still early so I'm crossing my fingers :)

I got mail today! my application is on hold for class of 2016:(

3.5 GPA
3.7 science/math GPA
50+ hours volunteering at pharmacy
Pcat not good to be mention :(

If you study and retake the PCAT, I think you have a good shot at getting an interview.

Wow!!! I'm sorry...did they email you or snail mail? And yes I think you should retake the pcat...that might help your chances :)

I wonder if anyone else got an interview invite. I received my email on 09/01. I will be interviewing on 09/28.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if anyone else got an interview invite. I received my email on 09/01. I will be interviewing on 09/28.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

And they have yet to receive my PCAT scores. It was just added onto PharmCAS on the 30th of August. :(

Hey Szetok,

I had a rough undergraduate experience so my GPA is nothing to boast about.
-2.81 Science GPA calculated by PharmCas. (I graduated with a 2.55 GPA; 4.0 for the last 41 units at CC including re-taking some pre-reqs)
-8 years of working in pharmacy
-93 composite on PCAT

Good luck on your application process and just stay positive!

I am waiting to hear from them as well. The anticipation... they received everything already so now just wait.

Congrats Twynsta! =D Goodluck on your interview. Let us know how it goes!

Hey Szetok,

-2.81 Science GPA calculated by PharmCas. (I graduated with a 2.55 GPA; 4.0 for the last 41 units at CC including re-taking some pre-reqs)
-93 composite on PCAT

Thanks! Good luck on your interview! Tell us how it goes! :) From what I've heard, it's suppose to be pretty chill and informal. But that was last year! And you have so much experience!

Congrats! Has anyone else received an interview invite? I just sent in my supp app this morning. Fingers crossed.

I got mail today! my application is on hold for class of 2016:(

Were you applying for Fall 2012, and just got notified that you're on hold? I don't understand. :(

Hey Szetok,

-93 composite on PCAT

Hey Twynsta,
Congrats! When did you submit your app and supplemental? Are you in state or OOS?

Hey Twynsta,
Congrats! When did you submit your app and supplemental? Are you in state or OOS?
Thanks Bows,

My PharmCas application was mailed on 08/01/2012 and supplemental application was submitted on 08/22/2012. I am from CA.

I got an interview invite! Still debating on which date to sign up for >,< 26th or 28th. I submitted my supp app on Aug 15th- received "all documents completed" email from them on Sep 4th. I tremble in anticipation... :luck:

Does anybody know how their interview process is set up?

I am also from Cali ^^

Ah I got a interview invite as well! :) I received that "all documents received" on the 5th and got the email this morning! So excited! I have no idea how its set up though....I'll need to look into that.

I'm from California too!

Hello everyone! Congratulations to everyone who got interviews!! I am also applying to Widwestern for class of 2017, but I have not submitted my supplemental yet :( Am I really late??? I plan on submitting it next week.

Hello everyone! Congratulations to everyone who got interviews!! I am also applying to Widwestern for class of 2017, but I have not submitted my supplemental yet :( Am I really late??? I plan on submitting it next week.

Thank you! I think you should be fine. I think it took so long for me to complete was because of my PCAT scores. They were uploaded onto Pharmcas on the 30th, I was complete on the 5th and email invitation on the 7th. :) I think you should still be fine if you submit next week!

I hope you get an invite as well! :D

Ah I got a interview invite as well! :) I received that "all documents received" on the 5th and got the email this morning! So excited! I have no idea how its set up though....I'll need to look into that.

I'm from California too!

I'm from Cali too. But I go to school in Chicago I got the same email on sept 5th. I hope I get an interview too :( my grades are decent but pcat lowwww

I'm from California too!

Congrats! I hope I get an interview invite too. I'm now waiting for PharmCAS to mail my application.

Does anybody know how their interview process is set up

Arrive by 8:00am
Welcome speech from the Dean
Depending on how many are interviewing, they will split you into groups.
One group will go for a tour while another interviews.
Interviews are generally small group (3) interviewing small group (3), although it depends on the number of interviewees.
Lunch
There may or may not be additional material this year, I'm not in a position to know.

Bring a pen or pencil you like to use. :)
Also, there will be a current student or two to talk to starting about 7:30 if you get there early and again at lunch.

Stop at security at the gate & they will tell you where to go when you arrive. I didn't have trouble with parking when I interviewed, but if you can't find a spot outside Barrel 3, you can always use the parking garage - just park on the 2nd floor or above.

Arrive by 8:00am
Welcome speech from the Dean
Depending on how many are interviewing, they will split you into groups.
One group will go for a tour while another interviews.
Interviews are generally small group (3) interviewing small group (3), although it depends on the number of interviewees.
Lunch
There may or may not be additional material this year, I'm not in a position to know.

Bring a pen or pencil you like to use. :)
Also, there will be a current student or two to talk to starting about 7:30 if you get there early and again at lunch.

Stop at security at the gate & they will tell you where to go when you arrive. I didn't have trouble with parking when I interviewed, but if you can't find a spot outside Barrel 3, you can always use the parking garage - just park on the 2nd floor or above.

Thank you so much for explaining the interview process :thumbup:

When you said "small group (3) interviewing small group (3)", is it three students getting interviewed together in a same room or one-on-one?
and do they have any on-spot essay writing?

Thanks again! :D

Last edited:
Thank you so much for explaining the interview process :thumbup:

When you said "small group (3) interviewing small group (3)", is it three students getting interviewed together in a same room or one-on-one?
and do they have any on-spot essay writing?

Thanks again! :D
It's three interviewees and three interviewers in the same room. An interviewer will ask a person and choose one of you to answer first, it should alternate on who goes first. Also sometimes there is a tiny essay to write, I had one when I interviewed, my friend didn't.

It's three interviewees and three interviewers in the same room. An interviewer will ask a person and choose one of you to answer first, it should alternate on who goes first. Also sometimes there is a tiny essay to write, I had one when I interviewed, my friend didn't.

Thank you so much! It makes me feel better that you wrote "tiny essay to write" :D I hate on-spot essay writing... grumble

Last edited:
Thank you so much! It makes me feel better that you wrote "tiny essay to write" :D I hate on-spot essay writing... grumble

It's not bad, you can pretty much write about whatever you want if it's the same prompt I got, and it's like a paragraph. But all they have is golf pencils, so that's why I say bring your own writing utensil. Not the end of the world if you forget, but I was glad I had one.

has anyone else gotten interviews apart from the ones above. am getting nervous.

congrats! cup cake...when did u submit your supplemental and when did u get the interview if u don't mind sharing. is the interview on the 26th, 28th of Sept?

Totally not related to any of the posts--I just want to comment. :sigh: I saw class of 2016. Three year programs are really awesome. I hope I don't regret not going to MWU...

congrats! cup cake...when did u submit your supplemental and when did u get the interview if u don't mind sharing. is the interview on the 26th, 28th of Sept?

I got an interview invitation too. I am going to attend the interview on the 28th

I am deciding which hotel I should stay in. For the ones with shuttle service (for instances, Drury Inn & Suites,) is the shuttle station located in front of the hotel?

Hi Everyone,

I have not received the supplemental app link yet so I was wondering if I had to write any essay for that? Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I have not received the supplemental app link yet so I was wondering if I had to write any essay for that? Thanks!

Yes there is a short essay to write. Only 1500 characters, so not too bad at all.

Yes there is a short essay to write. Only 1500 characters, so not too bad at all.

Do you mind if you could share to me...I'd love to work on it as soon as possible. Thanks a lot! I haven't gotten the link for supplemental app yet -__-

.Just got my email yesterday to interview on the 28th!!..

.This was the essay question:
.Other than formal coursework, how have your experiences (e.g., extra-curricular activities, volunteer experiences, work, pharmacy technician certification programs, etc.) prepared you for pharmacy school? If you are reapplying to pharmacy school, what steps have you taken to strengthen your application? 1500 characters.

Interviewing on the 26th!!!!
Supplemental submitted: 8/12
Interview invite: 09/15

Hey there, I do believe I will be your ambassador for September 28th! I do have an exam at 7am, but if I end early enough, I'll still definetely pop by and see if I can calm everybody's nerves!

Cant wait to meet you guys! =)

-P2

Last edited:
I've been looking for this thread. I have an interview at MWU on 9/28 as well. Also from California. There's going to be a lot of Californians probably.

I'm not ready for the interview though..

Greetings to those who are applying to Midwestern Glendale's Pharmacy program for the Class Of 2016!

I am a first year MWUG pharmacy student currently in my second quarter. If you have any questions about the application/interview process, academic rigors, or books to buy (for those who eventually get accepted and decide they want to attend here, I have a pharmacy calculations book for purchase if you want it), let me know!

Good luck everyone!
i have my interview tomorrow morning! im flying in from california. do you have any suggestions i have a few questions
1) how big is the interview group
2) is there anything to do around the campus
3) anything i should know about the interview that are out of the norm?

Its my first pharm school interview.e ver