My Chances of Getting Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kdog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am in the process of applying to PT schools and becoming very nervous. I noticed that there are a lot of threads similar to this one so I thought I should see what you guys think. Do I have a chance?

Overall GPA: 3.47
Science GPA: 3.47
Volunteer hours: ~200hrs
GRE: Verbal: 152 Quantitative: 143 Writing: 3.5 (this is what I am very nervous about)

With a score of 143 on quantitative, with only 17% below, well I am really nervous!

I am trying to apply to as many schools as possible, 14 so far, and I already know I am not getting into 2 of them. I am am thinking about applying to 20 total but as you can imagine it is getting really costly.

What do you think my chances are?:confused:

Oh also, I have been submitting my PTCAS applications very close to the due dates. Does this hurt my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

yea your quant score is pretty low. but at the same time you never know. if you have good recommendations and essay you will have a shot

I'd heavily consider a GRE retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 150v 147q, then a 154v and 143q so I didn't do really well on the q and when I went to open house I got the overall sense that the programs look mainly at the verbal because according to Arcadia, verbal's a strong indication of how well a student does in the program. So I would just put everything together and send in the application. your gpas and observation hours are strong, you will get interview offers
....just my opinion from experience

Well that's hopeful news qtran. I'll also apply to Arcadia :)

I would be a lot happier knowing that I was at least considered and rejected rather than having my application immediately thrown in the trash pile because of a low GRE score! Sounds like there is hope.

I am a sophomore at University of Nebraska right now am likely going to transfer to Creighton for next fall. They have a PT school and if you do well in undergraduate, they like to take their own students. I want to maximize my chances anyway I can. I plan on applying to several PT schools but would love to attend Creighton or UNMC (a lot cheaper). Good idea to transfer?