My Chances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorriedDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Stats:

Sci GPA: 3.7

Core Gpa: 3.74

My Mcat: May 19 (practice test from 22 to 25)

ECC:
-Hospice volunteering
-Big Brother Big sister
-YMCA( Volunteering and work)
-Shadowing Anesthesiologist/ ER Physician(DO)~60hrs
-Volunteering at a child abuse center (just helping with paper work, painting, ect.)
Was going to do research in the summer, but I got had to take a full load to Grad on time...+pissed+
I plan on applying broadly.
Was going to apply June 1st.
So where do I stand?

Members don't see this ad.

Chances excellent, but NOT if you get a 22 on MCAT. So, do well there, and you'll be fine.

My Stats:

Sci GPA: 3.7

Core Gpa: 3.74

My Mcat: May 19 (practice test from 22 to 25)

ECC:
-Hospice volunteering
-Big Brother Big sister
-YMCA( Volunteering and work)
-Shadowing Anesthesiologist/ ER Physician(DO)~60hrs
-Volunteering at a child abuse center (just helping with paper work, painting, ect.)
Was going to do research in the summer, but I got had to take a full load to Grad on time...+pissed+
I plan on applying broadly.
Was going to apply June 1st.
So where do I stand?

Members don't see this ad :)
If your MCAT practice scores are trending more toward the bottom of that range, consider delaying the test so you can get in more study time first. You don't want to take it again due to a low score.
Well, I've gotten pretty consistent with my Verbal and Biology...either an 8 or 9 in both. It's the physicals sciences that kill me. Regardless, That full load in the summer and studying for MCAT another semester might kill me.haha. IDK, I'm only gonna apply to William Carey( I would say Pikeville, but I would have to think twice if they accepted me) BEFORE my score comes in and after I'll apply to more if it isn't God Awful. If I don't do good on the MCAT I might wait a year to retake just because my schedule will be packed until graduation.

Last edited:
Excellent chance IF you can get at least a 26. Your GPA is above average.

I don't wanna split hairs but the avg. of my Practice MCATs are a point or two lower than that. So would that kill my chances or if I happen to %#$% up and get a 25 or 24 would this KILL my chances or should i still apply? Also, Johnny Ramones. I love Johnny. My Fav. Ramone. Yo Gabba Gabba, we accept you!!!

if you get a 25 def apply, youd get in somewhere. With a 24 even, youd still prob get an acceptance with those gpas. Don't aim for these scores though. Aim higher, it's foolish to aim for a 24-25 obviously you aren't dumb based on your gpa. Find a way to make time for a proper mcat study schedule, do well and have your choice of any do school. You don't want to go into the real deal with a practice range of 22-25, that's a dangerous gamble my friend.

I've always kind of sucked at standardized test. I have finals next week and won't be able to study till I'm done seriously considering moving the test date back.IDK, man. I'm gonna take a practice test after my last final. We'll see where I am then... The second gen. chem is what really kills me in PS.

Seriously consider delaying your MCAT, as already stated imho. Good luck.

I've always kind of sucked at standardized test. I have finals next week and won't be able to study till I'm done seriously considering moving the test date back.IDK, man. I'm gonna take a practice test after my last final. We'll see where I am then... The second gen. chem is what really kills me in PS.

what are your study materials?

-December-Gen Chem text book and practice test.Practice Test score 20
-Early Jan-Used Kaplan Bio and Verbal(purchased few years back)
-Mid Jan to Early April: TPR Classes had full schedule. Did as much HW as possible.
-Practice test at end of classes were Mid 20's (specific # depended mainly on ps score the Bio and Verbal have been consistant at least 8 usually higher on one or other)
-Studied on own for most of April thus far. Have to take break for finals:eek:

Thanks man, I'm gonna order the Berkley review In a few minutes. I've done a lot in TPR for G. Chem. Just out of curiosity what is the biggest difference b/t Berkley and Princeton?

What makes them excel over tpr books..

1. TPR usually has like 1-2 passages per chapter. TBR has 7-15 passages per chapter
2. TBR has great in text examples, while the TPR in text examples are sometimes put in weird spots and can be kinda distracting
3. This is debateable but I think tbr also explains stuff better excluding the bio.