My unofficial transcript lumps all AP credits into one category

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optomcats

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My unofficial transcript lumps all my AP credits into one category. How do I prove that I received credit for Calculus and General Chemistry?

I read from SCCO that I can take a screenshot of my unofficial transcript, which does list the courses individually (https://optometryadmissions.files.w...p-credits-satisfying-pre-req-requirements.pdf), but do I send that to OptomCAS or the individual schools that I'm applying to?

I feel like I should send them to the schools directly, but I'm worried that if I don't verify it with OptomCAS then they'll put a hold on my application or something. ?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same problem you had. I was not aware that my AP credits were lumped into one category until one of my schools told me about it. I don't think OptomCAS would delay processing it at all since I experienced no delays ( this was before I found out that my AP credits were lumped into one). As long as you list your AP credits clearly when filling out the transcript portion of your OptomCAS app and the appropriate number of credits match what is on your official transcripts, there shouldn't be a problem. In your case, I would just send the snapshot to each individual school. Hope this helps :)