Naplex Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forestpark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What scores are people getting? What did you use to study?

Members don't see this ad.

Passed the NAPLEX!!!! Made an 84. I actually thought I would have done better but oh well, still passed! I am proof that do not give up if you score bad on a pre-naplex your first time. My first prenaplex was 60 (after studying rxprep book for about week 5-6 hours a day), and then I kicked it in high gear and for a week I studied about 10 hours a day and did the quiz banks ontop of that and then took the prenaplex two days before my real naplex and made an 83. Then took naplex two days later and made 84, so very similiar to my last pre-naplex. Good luck to everyone! I am proof that it can be done, I was definitely just an average student in school, sometimes barely getting by, but I still passed the NAPLEX first go around, you all can do it! Have faith! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got a 101- I did rx prep and the quiz bank which i found helpful and def worth it- get the 1 month one for 70 bucks.

I took the prenaplex after going through the book once and got a 74.

I didn't even bother readering cancer or transplant meds b/c i knew i suck at them, and it didn't matter. Focus on the big disease states htn, chf, dm, dementia, depression, alzheimers.

know brand generics for then top 200 go up to 300/400. or if its bolded in rx prep KNOW IT.

Got a 118. Just used RxPrep - went through it completely in about 9 days of studying (not 9 days straight - took days off to recoup) and did the 120 calc packet the night before.

How long did most of you study for?

I broke up the RxPrep book into sections and tried to do a section per day. Each section had about 100-150 pages in it so it can be pretty time-consuming and that's why I made it a point to have days where I didn't look at it. Honestly, I started studying about 3 weeks before the exam but during the 1st week, I only did 2 days; 3.5 days during the 2nd week and then kicked it into the high gear the week leading up to the exam.

I got a 112. Only seriously studied for about a week before the exam (reviewing oncology, HIV, other things that aren't my forte...) and practiced the 120 calcs. I borrowed a friend's APhA study guide and read through the first few sections and then did some of their post-chapter quizzes (definitely not all of them).

There were several questions on the exam that I felt I was completely guessing on...

119...I used RxPrep book + quiz bank(did half of the quizzes)..I focused on dosage forms and brand-generic names..

I've been home on vacation and haven't started studying yet. It's been hard since my family wants to do stuff all the time. I scheduled the MPJE for June 27 and NAPLEX for July 13th.

Based on what everyone says, a week of studying for the MPJE is fine, I'm just worried about NAPLEX. I won't be able to start studying until a few days from now. Giving me about 23 days (~100 hours) of study time. Do you guys think that's plenty of enough time or should I push it back for July 27th?

For reference, I consider myself a good student and I normally don't need a lot of time to study to do well on a test. I guess I'm just freaking out because I don't want to fail.

I've been home on vacation and haven't started studying yet. It's been hard since my family wants to do stuff all the time. I scheduled the MPJE for June 27 and NAPLEX for July 13th.

Based on what everyone says, a week of studying for the MPJE is fine, I'm just worried about NAPLEX. I won't be able to start studying until a few days from now. Giving me about 23 days (~100 hours) of study time. Do you guys think that's plenty of enough time or should I push it back for July 27th?

For reference, I consider myself a good student and I normally don't need a lot of time to study to do well on a test. I guess I'm just freaking out because I don't want to fail.

Naplex is not bad. I studied Rxprep for roughly 3 weeks and passed with a good score. I am more worried about MPJE - there's not as much material but people I talked to so far all told me that's a harder exam.

Naplex is not bad. I studied Rxprep for roughly 3 weeks and passed with a good score. I am more worried about MPJE - there's not as much material but people I talked to so far all told me that's a harder exam.

:laugh: Everyone keeps telling me different things! "NAPLEX is awful!" "MPJE is easy!" "MPJE was confusing!" I really don't want to lose $50 right now though to reschedule. Just worried.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah this thing is just a total crapshoot, isn't it - i got a 121, studied hard for about 2 weeks. got an 88 and an 89 on the pre-NAPLEX, though weirdly i ~felt~ like i did better on those than the actual test. i think i did very well on the math questions

as for how i studied, i blew through shargel over that two weeks, took the two supplementary practice exams, took the two pre-NAPLEX, and did one or two of the appleton and lange Q+A exams. didn't study math, because i felt as though i knew enough and it would mostly just be conversions (i was right), or ID, because i felt like i knew all i needed to know and that chapter was like 100 pages

anyone have any idea what...percentile a 121 is?

Last edited:
honestly i wouldn't be surprised if the scores on the pre-NAPLEX were artificially deflated to encourage people to take them for a second time and give them another 50 bucks

honestly i wouldn't be surprised if the scores on the pre-NAPLEX were artificially deflated to encourage people to take them for a second time and give them another 50 bucks
I only took pre-NAPLEX because I thought it was going to give me answers and areas where I performed well/poorly. Got a 101, but I'd rather know what questions I got wrong so it can help me study!

I took the pre-naplex last night without any studying whatsoever just to see where I'm at. I got a 69. I know some people posted similar scores and those that got >60 ended up passing. I just decided to go ahead and push my NAPLEX back 2 weeks, so I can just make sure I have enough time to prepare. I hated paying an extra $50 to rescheduled, but better than having to pay the full price to retake.

I took the pre-naplex last night without any studying whatsoever just to see where I'm at. I got a 69. I know some people posted similar scores and those that got >60 ended up passing. I just decided to go ahead and push my NAPLEX back 2 weeks, so I can just make sure I have enough time to prepare. I hated paying an extra $50 to rescheduled, but better than having to pay the full price to retake.

Took the naplex on the 13th, studied for 7 days with RxPrep, took the Pre-naplex 2 days after studying and got a 75, and then 2 days before the exam and got an 83. Ended up with a 124 on the actual exam. The pre-naplex is not whatsoever indicative of your results, and one of those exams is much harder than the other one. I suggest people don't take the pre-naplex scores too seriously but just to show you how the questions will be.

Took the naplex on the 13th, studied for 7 days with RxPrep, took the Pre-naplex 2 days after studying and got a 75, and then 2 days before the exam and got an 83. Ended up with a 124 on the actual exam. The pre-naplex is not whatsoever indicative of your results, and one of those exams is much harder than the other one. I suggest people don't take the pre-naplex scores too seriously but just to show you how the questions will be.

I figured since everyone seemed to be getting these "bad" scores on the Pre-NAPLEX. I hated rescheduling, but I just wanted the peace of mind and not regretting it later. I can't wait to get these tests over with!

NAPLEX taken July 2013.

Passed with a 108! For those of you freaking out about pre-naplex scores, don't! I took it 2 weeks prior to the actual exam, with a good 2 weeks of studying under my belt and scored a 69! I soon realized that my drug knowledge was great, but was slacking immensely on calculations. Re-did RX prep calcs, went through 120 calcs fully x2, then went back and practiced those questions i struggled with. I made sure to refresh my memory daily with calcs for the entire week prior to naplex. As for drug knowledge, only reviewed RX prep, and used study methods that worked for me while in school. I did purchase the rx prep quiz bank, got through a few sections and some concepts popped up on the exam. Know brand/generic/formulations well!

Also, studied ~ 3 to 4 hours a day over a 4 week span, while working full-time 40 hrs/ week!

Take home point- don't be discouraged by pre-naplex!

Last edited:
How did you guys get your actual score? On the nabp website my score results say passed but no actual numerical score. (Colorado)

I used the quiz bank, online lectures and book for about a month of studying (4-5 hours/day). Rxprep is more than enough pass!

I used the quiz bank, online lectures and book for about a month of studying (4-5 hours/day). Rxprep is more than enough pass!

How many chapters/pages can you get through during the 4-5hrs . For me, I only get 2 chapters along with doing the quiz bank. Thanks for sharing

For the first 2.5 weeks I listened and took notes on lectures and did the quiz bank right after to retain as much information as possible. I didn't watch all of the lectures... skipped exam overview, calculations, compounding, drug allergies, med errors, immunizations, and smoking cessation lectures (even though I skipped watching the calculation lecture, I did go through the rxprep calculation chapter very closely and memorized their conversion charts and important equations). A few lectures I skipped the intro (because I felt I had a strong grasp already) and went straight into the drug therapy portion. The last 1.5 weeks prior to the exam I made notecards of every chapter and tested myself over and over again. Overall, the exam was harder than I thought (more K questions than anticipated) but definitely doable. I only had 15-20 calculations and they were quite tough (some harder than Rxprep). The exam is quite random but focuses on key therapeutics we were taught in school. Don't worry, work hard, and have confidence in what you learned in pharmacy school!

PASSED!! 90! :D

rxprep is GOLD. i suggest focusing on brand/generics, MoAs, counseling points and calculations.

good luck all!

Passed with a 128. Studied for about 2 weeks before the exam for about 5-6 hours each day. Anymore studying would have been too much.

How long does it take to get score? I took the test Tuesday (7/16).

My "register for naplex" link changed from grey to orange. And status changed to "Registration closed" from ATT generated.

Apparently that's a good sign...but still no results!

My "register for naplex" link changed from grey to orange. And status changed to "Registration closed" from ATT generated.

i was told results take 2 business days...approximately you get the results at 12pm the day of

and im confused by this nabp website stuff that predicts whether you passed or not?

is it that its supposed to go from gray to orange?

Sounds like you passed and in a state that does not participate in the online results. Could take up to a full week to get the score via snail mail.

Does anyone know how long it takes Naplex scores to be released if PA is your primary state?

Studied RxPrep for about 4 weeks! (yeah that long). Calculations part is enough from RxPrep.

Pre-Naplex score- 69. Took NAPLEX on Monday now waiting for results!!

Hi all,

I took Naplex for a state that does not participate in the online results. I took test on Monday and after test the link of "Register for Naplex" turned orange to gray, but i just checked back the site and the link is Orange AGAIN!! and the status for Naplex says: Registration Closed

Any thoughts if this is a good sign or not??

Hi all,

I took Naplex for a state that does not participate in the online results. I took test on Monday and after test the link of "Register for Naplex" turned orange to gray, but i just checked back the site and the link is Orange AGAIN!! and the status for Naplex says: Registration Closed

Any thoughts if this is a good sign or not??

People are misunderstanding: The link to "register for naplex" turned gray when you paid the $485 fee (not right after you took the exam).

Assumption: if status says "closed" and link turns orange --> you passed

So it is possibly a good sign :D

For those who states do not participate in NABP site reporting.... the key to seeing if you pass...... is it saying "ATT closed for NAPLEX". My button didnt turn orange until my state (IL) posted the grade.

Rx prep only :Read the entire book, Quizzes 5x and 120 calculations 2 nights before the exam
Score: 120

So when after you take your exam you can check result this way? I just took my Naplex today, and curious when to check.

For those who states do not participate in NABP site reporting.... the key to seeing if you pass...... is it saying "ATT closed for NAPLEX". My button didnt turn orange until my state (IL) posted the grade.

Rx prep only :Read the entire book, Quizzes 5x and 120 calculations 2 nights before the exam
Score: 120

Do you mean "Registration Closed" ?? in the Naplex status section?

Hey guys,

So I just want to say after reading all these posts for a month and having ridiculous amounts of anxiety, I passed the NAPLEX with a 110! I was never an amazing student throughout college and I thought I was doomed because I took the pre-naplex 2 days before and scored a 79. That thing is crap! Honestly, I never should have taken that... I was not able to sleep the night before the exam and maybe got 2 hours of rest, tossing and turning all night.

My biggest form of advice would be RXPREP! Know calculations like the back of your hand and you are golden. Use the rest of your time to try and get through the entire book. I didn't even finish the quiz banks and also only got 70%-90% for most of them (some in the 60's haha) and I also did not feel like an expert in any particular subject.

Just relax, know your math, and don't let the questions get you down while taking the exam! I seriously though I failed and keep looking at my score because I can't believe it :laugh:

Good luck :luck:

Prenaplex: 114

Real Naplex: 129

Studied RxPrep, 120 calculations, and the mEq and PK chapter of "Pharmaceutical Calculations" book written by Ansel.

Total study time was 1 week.

Pre-Naplex (3 days prior): 92
Naplex: 128

Studied 3 weeks, first half was half-assed at ~2 hours/day and the remainder more serious at around 5-6 hours a day. Used RXPrep and 120 questions.

I passed. What score I made doesn't matter. All that matters is that I passed. (For what it's worth, I did well but the actual number doesn't mean anything). This whole "what score did you get?" is total bull**** and doesn't matter. Reminds me of the joke.....What do they call the person who finished last in their medical school class?...Doctor.

I used Rx Prep book, videos, and quiz bank. Totally worth the cash.