Naterobinson former cvs defender?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tell us what happened. Did your marriage with cvs ended . I have noticed that your tone has changed

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
don't mind me, lol. **pulls up a chair and a bag of popcorn**

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about that. He posted fairly recently telling someone to pick cvs over walmart.

From Naterobinson before.

"All of this happens because you guys don't follow WEcare workflow. Because you guys don't follow the workstation assignment board, you probably have an idiot for an Rx Manager, you don't prioritize and probably have horrible customer service on top of it.

I've managed many, many stores at CVS, some of which were 30+ pages in the red when I took over and a qi of 6 pages. All hell breaks loose when you don't follow workflow that the system designs you to use.

Don't blame the company, blame your inept manager and probably inept staff for not following company policies. The metrics are there to make your life EASIER, not harder. They score you on WECARE metrics to see if you're following workflow. The company (AND MYSELF) have noticed that stores that don't follow workflow end up like the very one the OP is talking about.

I guarantee that OP's stores wecare scorecard sucks to oblivion. You probably got a 15/100 last month. It has nothing to do with tech hours, nothing to do with any of that. Follow workflow, prioritize urgent work and you will be fine. Before anyone bashes the **** out of me, I have experience using these methods and have turned stores around just by doing this.

Some of you CVS bashers remind me of ferguson protestors."

another post not too long ago

" I'm a pharmacist and I'd rather be an optometrist. Don't switch if you still have the option to be the latter. Being a pharmacist is not a fun job unless you own your own store or work in an independent where you reign in the profits. Otherwise, its politics after politics and too much going on"
Naterobinson

Why don't you send him a PM instead of trying to embarrass him?

Most of these pro-CVSers are "emerging leaders". They believe in the company and its BS. If you failed then because you didn't do A, B, C. It is simple as that. Anybody who questioned the company and its all wise leaders is just "being negative" and "not a team player".

They believe they will climb the corporate ladder and become a DM until they hit that corporate wall and realized they are not going anywhere. They realized they have been used. They gave "so much to CVS" and got nothing in return.

Welcome to reality! CVS just used you to make money for its corporate leaders and shareholders.

Reactions: 2 users
Most of these pro-CVSers are "emerging leaders". They believe in the company and its BS. If you failed then because you didn't do A, B, C. It is simple as that. Anybody who questioned the company and its all wise leaders is just "being negative" and "not a team player".

They believe they will climb the corporate ladder and become a DM until they hit that corporate wall and realized they are not going anywhere. They realized they have been used. They gave "so much to CVS" and got nothing in return.

Welcome to reality! CVS just used you to make money for its corporate leaders and shareholders.

This was probably what happened.

Why don't you send him a PM instead of trying to embarrass him?

Why not both? People should be accountable for what they say. If your words hold no value then don't speak.

another post not too long ago

" I'm a pharmacist and I'd rather be an optometrist. Don't switch if you still have the option to be the latter. Being a pharmacist is not a fun job unless you own your own store or work in an independent where you reign in the profits. Otherwise, its politics after politics and too much going on"
Naterobinson

How did I miss this juicy nugget? Link?

Spot on. The good "emerging leaders" realize early on whether or not they are being groomed or abused. To be fair, I do know some that have moved up very quickly, but the vast majority just get abused.

Members don't see this ad :)
MJpopcorn.gif

Pretty sure Nate is a DM in disguise.

Only thing that makes sense.

Even if Nate is a DM in disguise, so what? If he is pro-CVS, it is his belief and he was just voicing his opinion. Why are you all making a big deal out of it? If it bothers you because you disagree or hate CVS, shoot him a PM like Old Timer said. Why making a topic just to talk about him? I am really surprised how many people supporting this topic.

This is so ridiculous and unprofessional.

Last edited:
You know it's possible to acknowledge that doing what are you supposed to do can make your life easier and still dislike chain retail pharmacy, if only to get your Rx sup or DM off your back.

For example, following WeCare is not being pro-CVS, it is just doing your job, and I say this as someone who presided over a bottom 1% store on WeCare (and pretty much everything else) and had to crack the whip to the point where the pharmacy is getting > 80 every week now. When he said "the metrics are there to make your life easier," he really meant doing what you are supposed to do at CVS will make your life easier as the metrics will correlate with following CVS "best practices," and then your sup will leave you alone.

Of course, if you don't like CVS and are tired of having to micromanage metrics instead of just doing the best you can with limited tech help (limited hours and/or limited brainpower or they are still green) especially because that's what your sup wants to do, you can either put up with it or go somewhere else, and working somewhere else is exactly what I'm doing (quitting CVS).

I think he should come back and tell us what happened. It is only fair.

Lol Naterobinson is a joke. "Follow WeCare" hahaha. CVS workflow was designed around stores that are properly staffed. When you cut the staffing and keep the same workflow model you will have problems. It's not as simple as "do A, B, and C and everything will be fine".

Last edited:
Lol Naterobinson is a joke. "Follow WeCare" hahaha. CVS workflow was designed around stores that are properly staffed. We you cut the staffing and keep the same workflow model you will have problems. It's not as simple as "do A, B, and C and everything will be fine".
Agree.

I still work for CVS. Here's what you *****s don't understand, and never will. I'm stuck in the position I am in, and so are all of you. I have a PHARMD. It makes me $150,000 a year. I will never leave CVS unless I'm forced out.

Yes, if you follow WeCare workflow, if you optimize myschedule, your life will be 100x easier.

Yes, If I could do it all over again, I would NOT be a pharmacist. I would probably go to medical school. 6 years of pharmacy is too much, and now they're making it 7. Pharmacy has too much politics, especially when you run a store that does 5,000 scripts a week.

I really don't get what's so hard to comprehend. IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE A MAN'S MONEY (A CORPORATION), THEN DO THE JOB THE WAY HE (THEY) TELLS YOU TO. Follow WeCare. Follow mySchedule. I've been a PIC in 5 stores, and everytime they follow WeCare, all the techs and RPHS say "wow, this store has gotten so much better since you got here." I'm not doing anything special. I'm just having them do what they are supposed to be doing.

Fire away, chumps. Some of you guys make no sense.

Last edited:
Just because I'm PRO CVS and because I believe in the company doesn't mean I love what I do 24/7....I still think that 6 years of pharmacy school is asinine for what we do, and that making it 7 years is stupid. Like i said, if i could do it all over again, I would be an MD. Or a JD. Maybe even an engineer.

Alas, I can't go back in time and change the past. I have to own the present and the future. The only way to do so is to get ahead at work. I'm moving up the ladder slowly but surely and hopefully will one day become a district manager.

Until that day, I will follow Wecare, optimize mySchedule and do what the company wants me to do. Why is it that me telling someone not to do pharmacy because 7 years is WAY TOO MUCH means all of a sudden I got a bitchslap from my rxsup? THAT MAKES NO SENSE. Listen to yourselves. My DM and RM love me. Not that that matters, not that its bragging, not that it means anything, but I throw it out there to show you that I don't get "bitchslapped". I stand up for myself and my team, and I fight for them. I fight for my techs, I tell my DM that they deserve $14 an hour, and more often than not I get it. I ask for HUGE yearly raises because I know that I ****ing deserve it. I have high numbers, I tow the company line and I own weekly conference calls with PIC's in the district. That's how you MAKE MONEY in a company like this. DO what you're supposed to do, and then some. And no one will have a problem with giving you the $$$ you deserve. It's that simple.

Instead of coming on here and complaining about CVS, you have 2 options:

1. Leave
2. Learn how to do the job the way they want you to

Status
Not open for further replies.