Navy GMESB Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
These are for GME 2+ information. There's no info here regarding us HPSPers out there on your link.

I'm not sure if the link of all the people who got their internships is available to the general public.

At any rate, I got my full deferment!!! Urology was a special case this year in which they originally planned on 2 people getting deferments, but in the end, all 4 of us who applied got them! Way to go everyone.

Now, good luck in the AUA match!

Members don't see this ad :)
For the intern board I saw TONS of full deferments and very few one-year deferments. Is this a freak year, or simply good news that you can in fact get a full deferment if you want one, and you probably won't get stuck in a civilian prelim year before getting thrown into the fleet?

Of the half dozen or so who were given one year deferments, what are the chances that they requested them as opposed to failing to match even a 5th choice. I've heard that some people intentionally miss the PGY1 application deadline, thinking they will have to get a full deferral. They end up with the one-year. As you can probably tell, I really don't want to do a one year deferral, so these results may be good news.

Trajan said:
For the intern board I saw TONS of full deferments and very few one-year deferments. Is this a freak year, or simply good news that you can in fact get a full deferment if you want one, and you probably won't get stuck in a civilian prelim year before getting thrown into the fleet?

Of the half dozen or so who were given one year deferments, what are the chances that they requested them as opposed to failing to match even a 5th choice. I've heard that some people intentionally miss the PGY1 application deadline, thinking they will have to get a full deferral. They end up with the one-year. As you can probably tell, I really don't want to do a one year deferral, so these results may be good news.

I'm not sure too much about the one year deferments and who gets them. This year was kind of a freak year, because there were 80+ students that the Navy couldn't train in house.

As for the 1 year deferment...if you ask for it, you get it. I heard of one person who said that they didn't want to do a Navy internship, but did want to do a GMO tour as a flight surgeon or something. So, not sure about the others.