Navy HSCP References

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tomcomplex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 2nd year Navy HSCP. If I refer someone who then joins one of the Navy health programs I will get a promotion. Anyone thinking of doing either Navy HPSP or HSCP and want to help me out?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not in a position to apply for HSPC at the moment, but say I did, would I then have a leg up compared to other applicants? Would it matter if I planned on being a part of the MSC?

I am a 2nd year Navy HSCP. If I refer someone who then joins one of the Navy health programs I will get a promotion. Anyone thinking of doing either Navy HPSP or HSCP and want to help me out?

I just got accepted to HSCP, so unfortunately I won't be able to help you out (my package has already been submitted and selected).

But I am in the same boat. I was really hoping they were going to keep the "Deans List" as an option for promotion, but the new verbage as of November 2011 states that "referring an applicant" is the only means for promotion.

I just held a presentation at my command where over 100 interested applicants attended. I briefed them on the HSCP process (most were clueless about the program). The brief was so much of a success that the senior officers at my command had it uploaded onto NKO under "How to Become an Officer, Medical Corps".

I am hoping one of these 100 or so bright prospects will come through for me....:D

Members don't see this ad :)

PM sent

I've just submitted by package for HSCP, sorry, wish I had seen this earlier.

I was under the impression that E7 pay was automatic. It seems my recruiter is misinformed or not a very good recruiter.

Last edited:
I've just submitted by package for HSCP, sorry, wish I had seen this earlier.

I was under the impression that E7 pay was automatic. It seems my recruiter is misinformed or not a very good recruiter.

He very well could be misinformed. But he could also be well informed yet a good recruiter. His job is to sell you and fill a spot. Always be skeptical of recruiters. He works for the service as a recruiter, not for you.

He very well could be misinformed. But he could also be well informed yet a good recruiter. His job is to sell you and fill a spot. Always be skeptical of recruiters. He works for the service as a recruiter, not for you.
Touche, good point.

Sorry my package has already been submitted and is under review by the board. Wish I could help. I'm in the same boat....just hoping I can refer someone. It seems like a lot of people who are interested in the military are more interested in the air force. Pretty crappy. I will have 9 years in after graduation.