Navy Rotations MSIII/MSIV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read elsewhere on SDN that HPSP students could combine the 2 required military rotations the 4th year of med school. Is that correct? I'm an incoming MSII. At what point do I apply for the military rotations? Is it done through my school or through the Navy? Is it hard to get a particular rotation or hospital or is it fairly automatic? How do we find out about the rotations available at Navy hospitals? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Piers said:
I read elsewhere on SDN that HPSP students could combine the 2 required military rotations the 4th year of med school. Is that correct? I'm an incoming MSII. At what point do I apply for the military rotations? Is it done through my school or through the Navy? Is it hard to get a particular rotation or hospital or is it fairly automatic? How do we find out about the rotations available at Navy hospitals? Thanks!

The answer to the first question is sort of. You cannot do two ATs in the same fiscal year, so if you end one rotation on 30 Sep and start the next on 1 Oct it is together, but in different fiscal years. You would need to contact the individual programs at the hospital you want to do the rotation and get a letter of acceptance, from there you can request orders from NMETC.

What are you interested in?