nbde 1 prepration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drswetha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning to write nbde 1. I have not yet started with ECE and have to give TOEFL as well. I got the books. Some one please let me know when to give the exam and how many hours to study. Any study partners? I'm from india. Some one who cracked nbde 1,please give me any strategy to study the subjects. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello drswetha....I am in the exact same boat as you are...its been 2 days since i started preparing...any new info would be appreciated.

Hey!
I just started preparing!
Planning to write the exam in April- May dates.
Can't give more than 2-3 hrs each day since doing my internship too!
Which books are you referring?
I am planning to do first aid, dental decks and ASDA papers!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hello , m planning to give in november mid 2014. which year dental decks are the most prefferd to study???

great,the exact same boat as you are...its been 2 days since i started preparing...any new info would be appreciated.
7iMxsC

Hi.am planning to give part 1 in a couple of month. some one who cracked part 1 with good score can help me how to give exam to the best?
Appreciate your help.

anyone needs study materials please contact me. I have a ton of material..

I'm just curious why do you guys say "write", "give" , an exam ?

giving exam on the 1st of dec..wil start studyin tomorrow....looking for a study partner..preferably in New Jersey... anyone giving the exam in november pl email me at [email protected]...any and every help will equally responded to..

Hey guys taking the test on nov22 anybody interested in being an online study partner PM me

Members don't see this ad :)
I just read ur posts regarding material and study startergy I can help whoever needs it pm me

Hey everyone! Same boat as all of you, I plan to take the test in December, any tips on how to best prepare? I have some digital dental decks I can share, let me know!

hey u still intrested? im giving my exam on 25th nov.
Definetly am let us know how we can create a group a Google hangout or a Skype would be perfect right now there are three of us who's ok with this plan

Hi, I'm planning to write nbde 1. I have not yet started with ECE and have to give TOEFL as well. I got the books. Some one please let me know when to give the exam and how many hours to study. Any study partners? I'm from india. Some one who cracked nbde 1,please give me any strategy to study the subjects. Thanks
I stuied for 2 1/2 month, not less than 6 hrs a day even sat and sundays. I read dental decks 2 times trying to understand as much as possible but not memorizing 'cause you will be burned out. I studied also for ASDA test from 88' to 2008 (i did memorize it as much as I coudl). Finally the last 2 weeks before the test I studied by Dental Board Mastery (app store/ playstore). Mnemonics were really helpful mostly for biochem/groos anat/ micro/ pat. My score in the whole app was 71. I passed in the first try. I only used First Aid book just 1 time for read dental anatomy, not more!!! It was my experience, hope you suceed your test!

Reactions: 1 user
I stuied for 2 1/2 month, not less than 6 hrs a day even sat and sundays. I read dental decks 2 times trying to understand as much as possible but not memorizing 'cause you will be burned out. I studied also for ASDA test from 88' to 2008 (i did memorize it as much as I coudl). Finally the last 2 weeks before the test I studied by Dental Board Mastery (app store/ playstore). Mnemonics were really helpful mostly for biochem/groos anat/ micro/ pat. My score in the whole app was 71. I passed in the first try. I only used First Aid book just 1 time for read dental anatomy, not more!!! It was my experience, hope you suceed your test![/QUOTE

Which year dental decks did you use? It's there any big difference between DD 2009 and DD 2014?

***I just joined SDN seeking info/advice....Hi, I'm a dentist in Mexico, I have a US high school diploma and was born in Texas, I understand the process of ECE but meanwhile I would like to start studying for the NBDE 1, Any recommendations?

***I just joined SDN seeking info/advice....Hi, I'm a dentist in Mexico, I have a US high school diploma and was born in Texas, I understand the process of ECE but meanwhile I would like to start studying for the NBDE 1, Any recommendations?

hi....i just took my exam in november..I passed..I prepared for 1 month..8hrs a day..read Dental Decks 2014 twice, First aid, ASDA papers the recent ones...Know your basics..Its not as hard as u think..Study well an you can crack the exam..All the best..:)

hi....i just took my exam in november..I passed..I prepared for 1 month..8hrs a day..read Dental Decks 2014 twice, First aid, ASDA papers the recent ones...Know your basics..Its not as hard as u think..Study well an you can crack the exam..All the best..:)
Hello dr.scalpel do you have dental deck 2014 and recent ASDA papers
If its in a soft copy would you like to share?
My email I'd is [email protected] ..
Please reply

Hello congratulations
Do you have 2014 dental deck and recent asda papers can you share it.? My email is [email protected]

I need 2014 decks and other materials for NBDE 1..if anybody have please PM me

I stuied for 2 1/2 month, not less than 6 hrs a day even sat and sundays. I read dental decks 2 times trying to understand as much as possible but not memorizing 'cause you will be burned out. I studied also for ASDA test from 88' to 2008 (i did memorize it as much as I coudl). Finally the last 2 weeks before the test I studied by Dental Board Mastery (app store/ playstore). Mnemonics were really helpful mostly for biochem/groos anat/ micro/ pat. My score in the whole app was 71. I passed in the first try. I only used First Aid book just 1 time for read dental anatomy, not more!!! It was my experience, hope you suceed your test!
Hie
Was the questions in final nbde exam similar to asda question papers or much tougher than them

There were similar questions and some exactly the same...
How were the case scenario questions were they tough ? Am done with decks twice but still I feel I have no confidence at all ... Am so worried that how will be the question paper and will I be able to answer.....

Can someone help me with that question

Hi...do you have the asda papers??plz let me know the details at [email protected]

Hi, I saw your message.Im also starting with preparations for exams,are you willing to sell them?

How were the case scenario questions were they tough ? Am done with decks twice but still I feel I have no confidence at all ... Am so worried that how will be the question paper and will I be able to answer.....

I felt the same before take the test and few weeks later I got it. Don't worry you will pass!!!!

anyon

Last edited:
I am looking for recent Asda papers. Please let me know if anyone has them. Thanks!