NBDE-2 Score thread and Experience.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MitPat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Why don't we start NBDE-2 score thread and the experience associated with the exam. Please feel free to jolt down your total part-2 preperation schedule and books used for the success , and share with everybody.
Thanks.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
drsamo80, wish you the best of luck!! can you share your experiance taking this exam? what materials did you study? do you think the exam was hard compared to old exams? was there any repeat questions? is there any subject that you receommend us to study more? ADA had a system upgrade in february and i wanted to find out from new test takers if there was a huge difference in their style. please anyone that has taken the exam lately reply. Good luck to everyone!!

i have mosby and dental decks 2007-2008 . i felt that this exam was beyond difficult and dosn't realy test your knowledge. i studied the old exam .i would say 15 /500 repeated ,befor used to be more. my humble openion studying 2 months or 1 year for this exam is the same. second day was really hard ,they give like 2 or 3 answers very close and you don't know what answers they are looking for. what can i say guys : do your best and god bless..

Members don't see this ad :)
drsamo, thanks for your response and good luck. According to the ADA techincal website, the mean on part 2 exams is around 330 out of 500 with a standard deviation of aboot 20-30 so I am assuming one has to get more than 300 to pass. Anyone out there that has recently taken the exam?, can you please post your raw score and the percentage. thanks!

Yes i had 342 out of 500 Q as each half on day one was 200each and 100 Q on day 2, Now i am confuse like hell and dont know whats happening here some guys gets 600 Q overall while some gets 500Q per exam, I dont know what is ADA up to and how they calculate the result. If this is so then I was not given a fair share, may be the system is a failure. Anyway i tried to talk to ADA and they told me that we cant give it to public the way we score your report. It itself sound fishy.............. I wounder with the talk going around ADA about theNBDE part1,2 making a single exam sound that the resent system had a flaws. You know guys just Goodluck to all guys who has passed the exam and lots of luck to all who are about to give. Its just insane to find yourself into system which is yet to be perfect.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Also Dr samo in how many subject did you cross national mean, i mean above national mean. Please tell me as i am keeping a track of it as well in trying to understand the system

someone having 600 questions on an exam is some one with wishful thinking. All exams have the same amount of designated number of questions, otherwise the purpose of STANDARDIZED TESTING has been defeated.

some people got 350 and failed and other 342 and passed ..i think it depend on what version u did and how many people did the same version in that week or that month (i'm not sure) and what you scored according to the other people... but i have question for everyone..does it really matter wish month you should take the exam.??

what % of old exam in part 2?
Honesty i heard from 0 to half. Please help. also does it really matter which month u take it?

Dear Rado,
Don't lose hope. Take a mental break first.Its tough but people have done it so we can too.
Could you please tell me the added up of your score. I got 73% and my added up was 327.
I want to know how many more points makes 75%.
Thanks

Thank you for the concern. I can not afford to take the break I have to pass to graduate. I did very well on first day, I did very badly second day, ahich pulled down my score. Can any one please suggest me a book or a place to get coaching on this or read about case based section. please guide me all the resourses you know. I will spend the money and put the efffort. I am going to try one last time with all my energy. Please help me.

Thanks to all of you in anticipation of help.

my total questions were 600.

i just took it and i'm waiting for the result and so stresssss out, but when i saw my friend result ,what i understoud is that the 100 q case based are included in within the other parts ,wish is mean for example ,my friend got 328 total but in reality he got 328-51(case items) = 277 out of 500 (make sense?????) but he scored 73% . i think you got 342 - case items = exactly what you got out of 500 but what you did is counting the case items twice.

Please don't include numbers of case based in your calculation. ie. don't count it twice. I believe 285-290 is equivalent to standardized score of 75%.

please tel me what was ur added #. mine was 327 and i got 73%

Members don't see this ad :)
I got 342/500, this didn't include the cases ( last line on the score sheet )because I believe that the cases were included in the 500 question, and if I add the cases my total score would be 400/600.

BTO,

What you get for your comp score as reported on the score sheet. It should be a high 70s I guess.

I got 342/500, this didn't include the cases ( last line on the score sheet )because I believe that the cases were included in the 500 question, and if I add the cases my total score would be 400/600.

BTO, congratulations on passing! just wondering what did you study and how long? did your test has any repeat questions? thanks

BTO, congratulations on passing! just wondering what did you study and how long? did your test has any repeat questions? thanks

Thanks dentist777, actually the exam was very hard, I prepared for around 2 months, 6 hours/day, no weekends, some people prepare for less than a month, I did the decks except the patient management I did it from Mosby, and a lot of old exams they were really helpful.

so please tell me what was ur % score.
i had 327/600.....73%
so i shoud not include 100 case Q?

so please tell me what was ur % score.
i had 327/600.....73%
so i shoud not include 100 case Q?

ya u should not include the cases, they are already included with the other sections.

BTO,

sorry i guess i was so clueless about scoring system.
let me just go over my score for the last time and please correct me.

73% my score
327/600 my total
now u said don't include cases....that means minus 100 questions?right?
so 327-100= 227
so i got 227/500 correct??

is my math correct?
my last question if u know what makes 75% ? anyone that has 75 or above will you please writr you score and percentage. That will help a lot of us.

Thanks again BTO

:luck:

ya u should not include the cases, they are already included with the other sections.

what i meant 227 that the first day
add your correct case base item..you will get the right number of questions.
227+ your correct answers of case item = your score

I guess i have 272/600 (227/500)now and thats 73%
well to get to 75% i have a way to go....
thanks so much

what i meant 227 that the first day
add your correct case base item..you will get the right number of questions.
227+ your correct answers of case item = your score

I guess i have 272/600 (227/500)now and thats 73%
well to get to 75% i have a way to go....
thanks so much

You guys are making it too hard....
The exam is 500 questions, just add up the total without looking at the case studies.... just ignore that part because that score is already included. so

Operative 39 out of 62
Endo 28 out of 37
perio 27 out of 42

so just add them up, the case study score is just trying to tell you how you did on the second day, but you souldn't include that in your raw score

hope this helps

drslim ,
do u know what is the raw score for 75%???
my raw score without cases is 227/500 and i got 73%

u r right we should not include cases bases.

Thanks

You guys are making it too hard....
The exam is 500 questions, just add up the total without looking at the case studies.... just ignore that part because that score is already included. so

Operative 39 out of 62
Endo 28 out of 37
perio 27 out of 42

so just add them up, the case study score is just trying to tell you how you did on the second day, but you souldn't include that in your raw score

hope this helps

HI,, I am going to join Advance standing program in UMN.

Just wanna ask when is the best time to take part 2??

I wanna specialize in orthodontics.. Does the application need part 2 score??

Thanks a lot...

rain

Any time is the best time, just be well prepared. The reason i am saying is based on history no one know as to when is the best time just make up your mind and prepared for the exam and go for it.:thumbup:

BTO
today my friend got his result...he got 315 without case item and he scored 78 and you got 342 and got the same...i don't have any explanation for that.( 27 Q mor than him and same score).

i got 227/500 and got 73%so i don't know what makes 75%?
do u know????????????

hey does anyone know how they make thier calculation for you final score? My score was a 305/500 and my comp. score was a 72. Help...... I'm really depressed about all of this.

i got 227/500 and scored 73%???
must be a big curve for 70 t0 75%
how is it???

BTO
today my friend got his result...he got 315 without case item and he scored 78 and you got 342 and got the same...i don't have any explanation for that.( 27 Q mor than him and same score).

i belive you still confused ????? just add evrything except you the case item.this will be you scor out of 500

please help me!

here is my #'s:

ope:29
pharm:19
pros 30
ortho/ped: 42
endo: 23
perio: 33
path: 27
pt mang 40
case base: 55

comp score 73%

i belive you still confused ????? just add evrything except you the case item.this will be you scor out of 500

hello,
u have low scores in the subject q & ans.
read textbooks regarding operative, prostho, pharmac etc before appearing again.
the case base & patient management is ok, but u need more understanding of the basic concepts in various dental subjects.
focuss on textbook study:thumbup:

hello,

could somebody tell me when i could or am allowed to take part 2? i will be a 4th year in a month and would like to take it as soon as i am allowed.

thanks

deck and old question papers are enough for part 2...???????wat about mosby book..??????guide me...!!!!!!!

Hi there
can u please tell me what are the criterias to get in NJ, cuz i have done my dentistry from india. I heard we can get through only in NYU and BOSTON for a real good score. I just wanted to know about umdnj.
Thank You

Anyone out there that has recently taken the exam?, (part 2)
can you please post your raw score and the percentage. thanks!

anyone plz answer this...

18 which of the following MOST accurately explains how biofeedback works
a. it reduced cognitive dissonance
b. it stimulates the sympathetic nervous system
c. it relaz and to some extent hypnotizes the patient
d. it distracts and engages the patient in an active coping task.
e. it enables the patient to gain control of certain physiological function

Please share your input regarding your experience.
I want to share one info about Part-2 , I had been comparing the curve that is given to multiple attempt as far as part-2 exam is concern, to my knowledge the dont give more then 4-5% curve if you are giving your part-2 exam second time. Make sure you score your # of correct ans more then 75% to be on safe side. Again this is my comparision with almost 15 of my friends , Hope this is helpful and also try making a one time experiance my friends and please share if you r going through the same.
Thanks.

i got the result 2 days ago ,i passed 75% thanks to god. i got 294/500 ( not includ the clinical cases) .