NBDE-2 Score thread and Experience.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MitPat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Why don't we start NBDE-2 score thread and the experience associated with the exam. Please feel free to jolt down your total part-2 preperation schedule and books used for the success , and share with everybody.
Thanks.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i got the result 2 days ago ,i passed 75% thanks to god. i got 294/500 ( not includ the clinical cases) .

Congrats Doc, So you have set a Passing score that is 295/400 on day one is 75% thats a great info, How much was your score on day-2 just to get an idea. By the way goodluck for your future. Also you can see there is no curve that means , Sad thaey r making things tougher , many thanks for sharing.:thumbup::love:

Hi drsamo80
what is your number of correct items for total 500 questions Do you mean that ur score of 295 is for the day 1 of your exams as mentioned by mitpat. please give a reply so that it would be helpful for my preparation

day two was 50/100 but you don't have to count it because it is included with the 295Q. if i count it ,it would be 345/600. thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know for how long can I receive the score? My classmaes got the score for average 2 o 5 weeks. Does the test location matter? Thanks.

SDN members,
I want to share my experience on part two boards since this website has helped me so much when I was preparing for the exam. The bottom line is do not underestimate this exam. Some people might get away with studying two weeks but I studied for 2-1/2 months 7-8 hours a day. Decks alone will not get it done guys, it so risky unless you were super good in your clinical years. I studied the dental decks(4-5 times), old exams(once), mosby (twice), and dental secrets(once). The exam was hard and it seemed like the answers, you could narrow it down to two but its very hard to come up with the final answer cause they are so close. Pharmacology and pathology was harder than expected. I got 351/500 and ended up with a composite score of 79. I took the ADA exactly 10 working days to get the score. I took the exam in Los Angeles. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

351/500
what was ur case base corrects?

i got 272/500 got 73%
my case correct base was 55..(377/600)
i found the exam hard too...i probably were short about 15 questions to get 75%/
what % of old exam u thought was there.

plz answer,

Thanks

SDN members,
I want to share my experience on part two boards since this website has helped me so much when I was preparing for the exam. The bottom line is do not underestimate this exam. Some people might get away with studying two weeks but I studied for 2-1/2 months 7-8 hours a day. Decks alone will not get it done guys, it so risky unless you were super good in your clinical years. I studied the dental decks(4-5 times), old exams(once), mosby (twice), and dental secrets(once). The exam was hard and it seemed like the answers, you could narrow it down to two but its very hard to come up with the final answer cause they are so close. Pharmacology and pathology was harder than expected. I got 351/500 and ended up with a composite score of 79. I took the ADA exactly 10 working days to get the score. I took the exam in Los Angeles. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

mojanjoon, I got 62 on case based portion, so its 413/600 or 351/500.
I would say there was 10-15 direct questions from old exams, so you should not miss these easy points. There were many other similar questions from old exams that were twisted a little but were easy to guess. Practicing old exams and pacing myself helped me alot. When taking old exams, i was scoring anywhere from 60-75 %. Good luck on your exam, don't lose hope.

Anyone who gave part-2 in april-May please help guys to put down your exp. thanks.:thumbup:

Hi,
I just received my part II results a few days ago.. sadly i did not pass. Scored 353/500 for the first day and 54/100 for the second day, with a final 73%. I know my score isn't stellar, but i've noticed other people passing with scores lower than mine??? Can i appeal? :D

oh, and something else i'd like to share with others planning on taking the exam soon -- Study old questions! Everyone told not to bother studying old questions, but believe me they are there.. i saw about 20 questions. Also, questions that people posted on the "part II questions" thread -- i saw a few of those questions on the exam as well. Unfortunately, I didn't study ANY of these repeated questions and only noticed them after the exam and today on the "part II ques" thread :( Don't listen to what others say about not even bothering to study repeated ques. Even if there are only 20 repeated questions that show up on your exam, those 20 could be the difference between a 74% and 75% !!!!

Is part-2 quite tough for those who hav not been to dental school yet (like International dentists) ??????
any suggestions or advice 4 them ??
thanx...

hi i am retaking test 3rd time. ive failed it twice already both times w/ a 74...even though i got like 12 mmore questions right the second time...dont know how that works...does anybody know how someone fails evven w/ more questions right 2nd time?? i guess 3rd time im gonna try to dominate it!!

I completely agree with twinkle88, study old exams, those are free points and you should not miss them!!
gandoodds...study the best as you can cause the new rule according to ADA doesnt allow you to retake the exam after your 3-rd try unless you wait a whole year. Good Luck, study hard!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN members,

hi do u have nbde part2 1993 released paper in e-format plz?-thanx

I got my scores a few weeks ago I passed got a high 70s and got my Nerb back I passed as well. I studied dental decks, mosby, kaplan and I went through old exams. The exam was hard I would not lie...I got to the point where I would narrow down the answers to two good options, but had to choose one. The first day was not bad the second day might not have been harder but just tiring clicking back and forth between cases and questions.
I also read my perio and oral pathology books as well. The implant questions were hmmm, but read up on implants including the clinical procedures involved (lab. and chairside).
There are going to have the random questions that makes you ask where did they that from? All I can say read read read but your clinical experience do help as well

did they change the part 2 scoring or pattern, seems like people are scoring lower compared to those who took their exam 2-3 years earlier?

old exams and 2004 decks except for oral path and pharm, I studied those from the tufts review packet.

Hi Susan,
just wondering what the Tufts review packet is about. Are you a student there?
If not, can you please tell me how to get hold of it? Could you please give an idea if the Dental Decks and Mosby's will be sufficient for the other subjects?

Hi Susan,
just wondering what the Tufts review packet is about. Are you a student there?
If not, can you please tell me how to get hold of it? Could you please give an idea if the Dental Decks and Mosby's will be sufficient for the other subjects?

the tufts review packet is a compilation of nbde II material put together by tufts faculty. I'm a student there..I don't know where you'd get it if you weren't. the decks were good, though I can't say anything about the oral path and pharm sections since I didn't look at them, I don't know about mosby's either.

the tufts review packet is a compilation of nbde II material put together by tufts faculty. I'm a student there..I don't know where you'd get it if you weren't. the decks were good, though I can't say anything about the oral path and pharm sections since I didn't look at them, I don't know about mosby's either.

Hi susan is there anway I can get the packet from you. If you donot mind.

Hi,

Just trying check what was the passing raw score. I took the test on June 9/10 and already started to worry about the results coming soon.

Thanks a lot.

CEC

Hi, Did anyone who took the Part 2 in June got their results?
I will really appreciate if you can share them.

Thank you.

I heard that statistics related to dentistry is a hot topic for part II exam,can somebody please elaborate?

can any body please guide me where to study for behavioral management and statistics from?I'm confused

hi doctalov i will take part 2 on 15 16 july i studied deck kaplan book did 93 and 98 to 2005 test igot from asda is it enough plz guide me

hi..
are decks enough for reading for part 2 theory?and then solving papers??
is it necessary to refer textbooks or is everything covered in decks?
esp for pediatric oral path, oral surgery and ortho?

I took part 2 on june 9th and 10th. I passed with a score of 87. :) The break down was 376 correct out of 500. For the case based portion which is included in the stated score I received a 70/100. It took me 3 hours the first day, and about 2.5 hours the second day. I essentially just studied the decks. I studied them about 1.5 times. I also reviewed the Tuft's pharm packet for a couple of hours the night before the test........ Of course I should state that by that time I had taken the exam I had completed my DDS degree 1 week before the exam. I think that the extra year of clinical experience also had a lot to due with my success (as opposed to taking it as a junior.)

Last edited:
I took part 2 on june 9th and 10th. I passed with a score of 87. :)The break down was 446 correct out of 600. For the case based portion which is included in the stated score I received a 70/100. It took me 3 hours the first day, and about 2.5 hours the second day. I essentially just studied the decks. I studied them about 1.5 times. I also reviewed the Tuft's pharm packet for a couple of hours the night before the test........ Of course I should state that by that time I had taken the exam I had completed my DDS degree 1 week before the exam. I think that extra year of clinical experience also had a lot to due with my success, as opposed to taking it as a junior.

isnt the exam over 500 items, i just took my exam today 400 on the first day and 100 on the second.

guys...has anyone used the "crack the nbde 2" cd?? i am using it and it is HARRRRRRRRD!! almost imposisble to answer those questions...do u guys think its even helpful if anyones used it that is? i am taking the test for the 3rd time...hpefully i pass this time and its my last time taking it or im screwed...anyhelp wit hte matter is appreciated!!

Study:
Decks 2008
ASDA papers
some questions/ answers compiled by students who took test:thumbup: