need advice for pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flower2019

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, i know this topic has been discussed a lot. However i wanted some feedback from current pharmacy graduates or pharmacist and know how competitive the job market is. How are states like California, New york and washington DC doing with pharmacy jobs. I am really concerned because i am in a pharmacy 6 yr program and i wish make a good decisions as soon as possible before I fall into a lot of debt. In addition, i was thinking of looking into accounting as an alternative if i do decide to leave pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad.

well the NY and whole NE in general is really saturated. It's next to impossible to find a job and I know many who graduate and have nothing lined up. I know some have to relocate to other areas just to find work after their contract expires. Many are doing residencies but that probably delays the inevitable as discussed. And with students like yourself applying, it's only making it worse for current pharmacists and students. it's easy to see where things are going for the pharmacy job market based on new schools, expanding class sizes, etc.

we had 95 applicants for 1 hospital pharmacy job - and we pay a lot less than retail - you do the math

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have best of knowledge and ablility to work hard you will get better job than you were thinked. Go online and goolge pharmacy jobs.

If you have best of knowledge and ablility to work hard you will get better job than you were thinked. Go online and goolge pharmacy jobs.
wow - you done great english and i would be good to work hired with you

Reactions: 1 users