Need Help with allied health major/ bio major.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayudar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am a freshmen at stony brook university who doesn't exactly have a major. I was looking into all the different majors/programs here and one that really stood out to me was the CLS and BIO double major.

I was reading up on here and other places that an allied health major is not a major you should take if you plan on going to medical school.

However what if I was to do a CLS and BIO double major. A majority of the course requirements are the same. Basically I would just end up taking extra courses but I would still be taking all the bio courses.

SO:

My question is:

Would medical schools look down on someone with an allied health major who is also a bio major?

I feel that schools shouldn't cause I am still taking all the bio courses needed for the major while taking extra CLS courses but I don't really know....

I was wondering if I could get some input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I am a freshmen at stony brook university who doesn't exactly have a major. I was looking into all the different majors/programs here and one that really stood out to me was the CLS and BIO double major.

I was reading up on here and other places that an allied health major is not a major you should take if you plan on going to medical school.

However what if I was to do a CLS and BIO double major. A majority of the course requirements are the same. Basically I would just end up taking extra courses but I would still be taking all the bio courses.

SO:

My question is:

Would medical schools look down on someone with an allied health major who is also a bio major?

I feel that schools shouldn't cause I am still taking all the bio courses needed for the major while taking extra CLS courses but I don't really know....

I was wondering if I could get some input.

Major doesn't matter. Just take your required courses and do well. Major in what you want.

The only thing really I've seen that may cause you problems is getting accepted to a CLS or other allied health program with intentions of continuing on to medical school. I got lucky with a school that has a CLS program where a lot of its students continue to PA or med school at the same institution so they are cool with it; otherwise I dont believe major matters. Just do well in your studies! Good luck!