Need some advice: ObGyn/GS with 571 Comlex.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChiDr

Accepted to class of 2023!!!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so, not sure what to do. Class of 23.

I had some personal family issues that made summer/fall challenging. Anyway, I took Comlex I and got a 571.

I canceled my Step because of family events. Then rotations started and I didnt get in before the cutoff.

Do you think that a 571 on comlex and pass on Step will still be okay for Ob or GS?

This has been frustrating.

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Take Step 1 and get a P, and then take Step 2 and get 240+. A 571 is fine for DO GS with auditions, and a good Step 2 showing would put you in running for MD.

Reactions: 2 users
Take Step 1 and get a P, and then take Step 2 and get 240+. A 571 is fine for DO GS with auditions, and a good Step 2 showing would put you in running for MD.
Just out of curiosity, do smaller community MD GS programs like those who auditioned and function essentially like former DO programs or they just interview/match people based on stats?

Just out of curiosity, do smaller community MD GS programs like those who auditioned and function essentially like former DO programs or they just interview/match people based on stats?
Both. Auditions can help but not to the level DO programs utilize them. It’s not just scores, but overall application. MD programs aren’t as heavy on auditions as DO programs, even at the community level

Reactions: 2 users