New APA guidelines/reform regarding licensure and accreditation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news today, the WI Board uploaded a New Application form (dated 3/16). It is no longer needed to complete the 'Verification of Supervised Experience' form #2555 when licensed in any other State. Here is the older form (dated 11/11 showing previous ASPPB-agreement/requirements. No ASPPB 'ticket' required.

Watch the 'pundits in denial' claim it was purely coincidental.

Definitely going in the right direction, a lot more to do...would love to see more states do this.

We predict the ASPPB will follow suit and bury this whole thing.

Éxito!

Stand up for what is RIGHT..Stand up for the TRUTH. Stand up for JUSTICE... -MLK

Members don't see this ad.

It must be a millennial thing to brag about this type of behavior, yes?

In all seriousness, I still don't really get it. If your tactic is provocativeness, this has short-term benefits but few long term gains. You seem to genuinely want the latter though. Again, gramps doesn't get it.

says the guys who followed suit and couldn't model the behavior himself.

I hope your comment is tongue in cheek. Shooter is likely rather immature, and trying to "save face". He's been called out for a variety of things, which hit the target

Pretty hard to own up to failing when you tried to poke at profession and got owned by a group you wish to be a part of (licensed psychologists) thus being forced to change your argument over and over to stay from the fact that its all pretty simple: a certain poster doesnt meet the requirements in a certain northern state, and to put it in internet speak: "dey mad, brah".

This could have been a pretty simple, 10 post thread. It would go like this

Subject: Warning to all who want to be licensed in WI
Hello All,
I came on here to warn you all. I didnt do things that I needed to do (probably a crap internship, non apa program, missing postdoc hrs) and now WI wont let me get licensed. Damn, I'm pretty mad about it. I'm so mad, I've taken to warning others. Make sure you meet these requirements_- 3000 hrs between internship and postdoc, and get those hours from supervisors that are licensed, and go to a program worthwhile (whatever wisconsin's actual requirements are). Dont do what I did and think you can skirt the issue.

Other posters: Man, that sucks. Maybe you can get licensed in a different state. I hear Alabama and Kansas are easy.

And then the thread would have a) had some worth and b) not been as pathetic as this.

Your post would be cool if it had some accuracy... you're trying so hard and spinning the wheels, but not getting anywhere. Try again.

Members don't see this ad :)
397.jpg

(narrator's voice) an offended lurker finally enters the conversation

says the guys who followed suit and couldn't model the behavior himself.

I dont know what this means.

Social justice warfaring for yourself is fine. I just dont see the need to knock people who have other priorities. Its march madness. My yard is full of weeds. I coach soccer. I have 3 kids. etc, etc.

Last edited:
Great news today, the WI Board uploaded a New Application form (dated 3/16). It is no longer needed to complete the 'Verification of Supervised Experience' form #2555 when licensed in any other State. Here is the older form (dated 11/11 showing previous ASPPB-agreement/requirements. No ASPPB 'ticket' required..
Please, if you will, show how these changes are in line with any you implied were needed, either in your blog or in previous posts. I just don't see it.

Rather Than bait others to prove the null hypothesis (not possible), I'd encourage you to offer some proof (beyond supposition) that these events (I.e. The board actions and whatever it was that you think you did) were related. If your approach is effective, I want to know definitively. It's easier to be incoherent, scattered, and obfuscative than it is to develop and act on a cogent argument. I got some things I want changed, and a finite amount of time to devote to changing them. Any effective shortcuts are appreciated.

Definitely going in the right direction, a lot more to do...would love to see more states do this.

We predict the ASPPB will follow suit and bury this whole thing.

"We" is first person plural. "I" is the correct pronoun to refer to a singular entity when that entity is yourself.

I await your reply- I'm still hungry!

Last edited:
Stand up for what is RIGHT..Stand up for the TRUTH. Stand up for JUSTICE... -MLK

If you're going to invoke MLK, I think its worth acknowledging that if his speeches consisted of "support civil rights but i won't tell u why or how or even what that means if you don't its cuz groupthink how pathetic and by the way i was just trolling u anyways and fooled u sooooo easy haha kthx bye" it is entirely possible this country would be ten years behind where it is now in the fight for equality. That doesn't change the importance of his message, but it certainly would have changed its impact. Just some food for thought if you are serious about wanting to change the system and aren't just trolling the licensing board too...

Reactions: 6 users
I don't know who was responsible for the change, but if there was a lawsuit, then that surely could have been the precipitant. That is one way of effecting change. In any event, I generally would support anything that makes a psychology license more portable so am glad they made this change.

Reactions: 2 users
Please, if you will, show how these changes are in line with any you implied were needed, either in your blog or in previous posts. I just don't see it.

Rather Than bait others to prove the null hypothesis (not possible), I'd encourage you to offer some proof (beyond supposition) that these events (I.e. The board actions and whatever it was that you think you did) were related. If your approach is effective, I want to know definitively. It's easier to be incoherent, scattered, and obfuscative than it is to develop and act on a cogent argument. I got some things I want changed, and a finite amount of time to devote to changing them. Any effective shortcuts are appreciated.

"We" is first person plural. "I" is the correct pronoun to refer to a singular entity when that entity is yourself.

I await your reply- I'm still hungry!

Sure you are hungry for some social engineering...nice try:corny:

If you're going to invoke MLK, I think its worth acknowledging that if his speeches consisted of "support civil rights but i won't tell u why or how or even what that means if you don't its cuz groupthink how pathetic and by the way i was just trolling u anyways and fooled u sooooo easy haha kthx bye" it is entirely possible this country would be ten years behind where it is now in the fight for equality. That doesn't change the importance of his message, but it certainly would have changed its impact. Just some food for thought if you are serious about wanting to change the system and aren't just trolling the licensing board too...

@Ollie123 a self-proclaimed serial troll after the second post...LMAO:rofl: ...adorable...you got me there...good one!

Hello Deniers Group,

Now that we've got your attention (w/ more than 6,400 views here), it's time to start releasing more specific info... Yesterday, the ASPPB Jumped on the Deniers Bandwagon and Denied the Allegations on their Site (they probably don't understand how Respondeat Superior works...but we also have proof they do).

Anyways, they Claimed Complete Ignorance about the Complaint's Whereabouts...Despite Receiving It Directly From Us Two Weeks Ago. We Also Have Evidence of its Staff Clicking Through it for Hours and 100s+ of Times (yes, that's traceable). We Also Clarified Their Concerns w/ an Email Receipt from WI & are Awaiting Response.

Predictions: The ASPPB will Deny, Deny, Deny, until they know what we have...then try to work around that...and/or attack the source of course...Exactly the same things you all have done throughout this survey...great sample.

Now Listen:

Take Homes For You: 1-Never Underestimate a 'Fool' Online, 2-Do Not Feed The Trolls, 3- Stand Up for what is RIGHT!

*Follow the rest of this Story in our Blog...FB or Tweeter.

See you all on the Other Side....

Happy April, Fools!

I think we're all just jealous. We dont have the "secret sauce" that Dr C has. I personally wish I was "to psychology what x-rays are to your bones". LOL.

This is just becoming combative nonsense, that is neither collegial nor contributory beyond the posters obvious personal agenda/grudge at this point.

I would move to close the thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know what this means.

Social justice warfaring for yourself is fine. I just dont see the need to knock people who have other priorities. Its march madness. My yard is full of weeds. I coach soccer. I have 3 kids. etc, etc.

The only thing keeping you from being a parent, the games.. and other 'priorities' is Yourself ... GTFOH

Go for it... I approve... it's your time to save face anyhow ;)

@shooter

Its hard for me to actually understand a lot of your information. Can you tell me, in a clear way, the following:

1. What motivated you to start this?
2. Where you personally affected by the WI Board?
3. What is the end goal?

Anyways, they Claimed Complete Ignorance about the Complaint's Whereabouts...Despite Receiving It Directly From Us Two Weeks Ago. We Also Have Evidence of its Staff Clicking Through it for Hours and 100s+ of Times (yes, that's traceable). We Also Clarified Their Concerns w/ an Email Receipt from WI & are Awaiting Response.

I read their response. Where are they claiming "complete ignorance?"

It is not at all surprising that shooter is having difficulty in his/her professional life with that style and quality of writing. I really wanted to understand shooter's theories and suspend disbelief while reading, but it seems that shooter either wants to distract from the issue or is incapable of forming a logical argument. Either of those scenarios would make me less inclined to trust in shooter's ideas.
Anyway, after reading all of this, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I really hate to see that someone (presumably) went through that much higher education without coming out a halfway decent writer. If one truly believes in one's cause, that person should either make the effort to form a reasonable argument or find someone else who can.

I can get past the writing style, even though it bothers me. I am not the best writer, and have been accused of poor organization and overuse of commas.
That said, what I cant get past is being out of school since 2011 and not being able to find some way to get licensed. That tells me something else is amiss. Greatly amiss.

That said, what I cant get past is being out of school since 2011 and not being able to find some way to get licensed. That tells me something else is amiss. Greatly amiss.

Sometimes it's hard to get licensed with "The Man" trying to keep you down.

I can get past the writing style, even though it bothers me. I am not the best writer, and have been accused of poor organization and overuse of commas.

I think this thread may have actually increased my faith in the licensing process.

I'm not willing to "bust" anyone, but google and whois services arent that hard. If you use it, you too can bust some posters in this thread. Pretty darn easily.

Great news today, the WI Board uploaded a New Application form (dated 3/16). It is no longer needed to complete the 'Verification of Supervised Experience' form #2555 when licensed in any other State. Here is the older form (dated 11/11 showing previous ASPPB-agreement/requirements. No ASPPB 'ticket' required.

I created a new account because I value my privacy, but wanted to point out that I transferred my license to WI four months ago. I submitted the Verification of Supervised Experience form and was told by the board that it is no longer needed — paperwork hadn’t caught up yet in terms of updating their new application form.

So I can tell you with certainty that this decision was made at LEAST four months ago, but obviously can’t speculate as to what prompted it.

Hey losers, since you've failed to take me down (for the 4th time:rofl:) here is a sneak peak of tomorrow's response... http://bit.ly/1Yi16Dw. You've gotten 1,00o additional thread views w/o saying one word. Enjoy :laugh:!

Hey losers, since you've failed to take me down (for the 4th time:rofl:) here is a sneak peak of tomorrow's response... http://bit.ly/1Yi16Dw. You've gotten 1,00o additional thread views w/o saying one word. Enjoy :laugh:!

Is no one taught to respect and honor their elders anymore? Kids these days...(grumble grumble sound and scratch my butt)

staff: please consider marking this thread as spam and closing it.

Aww, you beat me to it. I was considering unloading on many of the lies in this and other threads that I was mildly curious about and looked up since state and federal employees are public record.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck to you.

Ahh- the more direct approach. I was going to be more "suggestive" and post something calling him "von Richtoven" or saying something about fighting him from our Sopwith Camels, but, then again, I'm one of those "elders" that erg refers to and my references may not mean anything to you kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh- the more direct approach. I was going to be more "suggestive" and post something calling him "von Richtoven" or saying something about fighting him from our Sopwith Camels, but, then again, I'm one of those "elders" that erg refers to and my references may not mean anything to you kids.

I believe we are the "Old Guard." Elder is not nearly pejorative enough.

I started out there, but my "you're full of ****" meter reached zero.

I started out there, but my "you're full of ****" meter reached zero.

Can someone let me in on the joke here (maybe via private message if needed), I'm lost.

Good to keep in mind that you never know who is lurking these threads

Status
Not open for further replies.