New immunotherapy opportunity at University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted956486

Looks like everyone is capitalizing on the sexiness of immunotherapy.

Good luck, I'm sure it's going to be competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Looks like everyone is capitalizing on the sexiness of immunotherapy.

Good luck, I'm sure it's going to be competitive.

sadly this is the third year it’s been made available

They can’t get any Americans to sniff

Members don't see this ad :)
An immunotherapy fellowship... In which (of course) they're not taught to administer immunotherapy. What a joke. Talk about misrepresentation...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
If there was any doubt where leadership stands with regard to expansion, I hope these ads on ASTRO resolve those doubts. Anyone attempting to attract medical students to rad onc is really doing them a disservice.

The PDs on twitter have no clout. They're just trying to prevent the semi retired academics from outright crapping on the field and the young faculty/residents from banding together against them.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
They spelled "Washington" wrong. Not a great start.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
There's always been something fishy about UW. They would go unmatched even when rad onc was ultra competitive. Residents were sent all over the place and spent lots of time at satellites IIRC.

I would imagine they are concerned about matching even less now that rad onc is firmly entrenched in the "less competitive" group of specialties and well on its way into "least competitive" with path and FM.

I suppose having fellows around would make up for a lack of resident coverage! But I'm sure they wouldn't have these fellows doing low level resident scut work. They need that full year to learn how to contour the tumor in brainlab and how to time Keytruda.

They can’t get any Americans to sniff

I wonder if a desparate-to-be-on-the-west-coast recent grad emailed them and said they would take this "instructor" fellowship for a salary of $150k if they would bite (which they should as it would be a hell of a deal if they are actually managing their own patients and signing charts). My guess is they are trying to snipe somebody to locums level work at the going rate of an ACGME-accredited fellowship pay (which is what, $75k/year?).

UW has been a shady place, you’re right. I’ve heard things, as well. Didn’t they have a faculty exodus not too long ago? I remember a bunch of jobs being posted at one point. East Asian food scene there is fairly tight, but I’m skeptical re: fesenjen / biryani / haleem.

There's always been something fishy about UW. They would go unmatched even when rad onc was ultra competitive. Residents were sent all over the place and spent lots of time at satellites IIRC.

I would imagine they are concerned about matching even less now that rad onc is firmly entrenched in the "less competitive" group of specialties and well on its way into "least competitive" with path and FM.

I suppose having fellows around would make up for a lack of resident coverage! But I'm sure they wouldn't have these fellows doing low level resident scut work. They need that full year to learn how to contour the tumor in brainlab and how to time Keytruda.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user