Forum Members New Medical School - Arizona State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildWing

SDN Staff
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First class will matriculate in fall 2026. Looks like this will be a good option for people interested in medical technology/engineering: "ASU’s School of Medicine and Advanced Medical Engineering is designed to allow simultaneous completion of two degrees approved by the board today – doctor of medicine (M.D.) and a master’s degree in medical engineering."

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Is that Carle's cousin? 😍

I've heard of a couple med/engineering schools (TTU, etc) but very few intertwine the two - I only know of EnMed & Carle that do this. Love to see the shift to engineering being a standard instead of a rarity for dual degrees (although EnMed & Carle don't offer dual degrees)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder what their pre-reqs will look like
I'm certain the standard prereqs will stay the same. The additional requirements may resemble Carle's and EnMed's (more quantitative-heavy or engineering coursework such as calculus and compsci/coding). The curriculum will be interesting if one is giving out two degrees... this may be a five-year program with a timeline similar to Lerner Cleveland Clinic/CWRU (that's my guess).

#1 IN INNOVATION BABY

I'm certain the standard prereqs will stay the same. The additional requirements may resemble Carle's and EnMed's (more quantitative-heavy or engineering coursework such as calculus and compsci/coding). The curriculum will be interesting if one is giving out two degrees... this may be a five-year program with a timeline similar to Lerner Cleveland Clinic/CWRU (that's my guess).
I think you may be right. From what I've heard some of the BME faculty is involved rn in creating the curriculum for the medical school.