New to forum want to say "Hi" and ask a question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muss2k1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
first off, Hello everyone! been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now and the amount of knowledge here is great!

My background and my question is as follows:

I attended Binghamton University and recieved a Bachelors in Economics in 5/2006. My grades weren't that great (2.6 overall GPA and 2.9 major GPA). I have not one science course...I got a B in Calculus and A- in Statistics. That's pretty much all I have. I hate Economics/Finance and I realized that too late in college (esp, when my grades started slipping). I made the best of my situation and landed a job at a huge invesment bank (Morgan Stanley). I have been working there for 3 years now and have also got promoted from Analyst to Associate. Problem is, I hate the what i do and the industry I'm in and realize i've had a passion for being a doctor for almost a year now.

My question is, i'd be taking all my pre-med courses brand new (1 course at a time...utilizing fall spring summer and winter sessions) and hope to have at least a 3.5 GPA. Through many recommendations and close friends that have done so, I want to apply to the Big 4 in the Carribbean (time it takes, cost of attendance, easier to get in) . What are my chances of getting in? Also, will they view my experience at Morgan Stanley as a plus or will they not care because its unrelated to science?
Also, I plan to take these courses at a CC because they offer night/weekend classes.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

first off, Hello everyone! been reading the forum for a couple of weeks now and the amount of knowledge here is great!

My background and my question is as follows:

I attended Binghamton University and recieved a Bachelors in Economics in 5/2006. My grades weren't that great (2.6 overall GPA and 2.9 major GPA). I have not one science course...I got a B in Calculus and A- in Statistics. That's pretty much all I have. I hate Economics/Finance and I realized that too late in college (esp, when my grades started slipping). I made the best of my situation and landed a job at a huge invesment bank (Morgan Stanley). I have been working there for 3 years now and have also got promoted from Analyst to Associate. Problem is, I hate the what i do and the industry I'm in and realize i've had a passion for being a doctor for almost a year now.

My question is, i'd be taking all my pre-med courses brand new (1 course at a time...utilizing fall spring summer and winter sessions) and hope to have at least a 3.5 GPA. Through many recommendations and close friends that have done so, I want to apply to the Big 4 in the Carribbean (time it takes, cost of attendance, easier to get in) . What are my chances of getting in? Also, will they view my experience at Morgan Stanley as a plus or will they not care because its unrelated to science?
Also, I plan to take these courses at a CC because they offer night/weekend classes.

Thanks in advance!
Thanks guys
If u didnt take any science courses so far then u have a very big chance to get a good science gpa, just be careful. I just dont understand why do u want to apply to Caribbean med schools... Thats the last place where students apply and actually want to go...