New York, Charity Fundraiser--Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

V_K

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The new semester is on the verge of starting and with new incoming freshmen, the college I attend always has a club fair so that all students can browse and join their club of interest.
September being that time of year when it's still relatively nice outside before the fall/winter weather really kicks in, seems like the perfect month and timing (club fairs, new students) for a bake sale. Several clubs in my college hold bake sales for funding, as I'm sure they do in all schools, and as a matter of fact I can bake very well.
My friend and I were interested in putting together a bake sale and donating all proceeds to a charity, because with thousands of students, we really do believe that we can raise a substantial amount of money for a great cause.

The question I have for all of you reading my post is if any of you could recommend to me a trustworthy charity that we could donate the money to.
It is important to us that this charity is one that does not serve to benefit one specific race, gender, or ethnicity, because as my friend and I are of completely different races, religions, and ethnicities, we would like to make sure that all people could benefit from whatever amount of money we could raise. As a pre-medical student, medicine is a field that does not discriminate, as no field should.

We are targeting to donate to a New York charity, just for the convenience of possibly being able to speak face-to-face with the founders, but would still gladly donate elsewhere.

If anyone has any suggestions, please respond to this post. A medically related charity or a research project that could use funding are of our primary interest, us being in the medical field. However, we will take take any suggestions.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Deworm the world Initiative