2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those who've interviewed, were the stations all MMI ethical qs? or were there a couple of traditional qs thrown in there (like why medicine, tell me about a meaningful activity, etc.)?
Hi. You can find this on their website as well but they will have 7 mmi stations and 1 traditional interview station, meaning at that station they’ll ask other questions such as why medicine, why NYMC, …
they also do a really great job of explaining the MMI process and what to expect during the morning portion of your interview! I was a little nervous for the MMI format but felt better going into it because of the explanation/info.

Members don't see this ad.

+1 WL Canadian. I'm bummed because I thought my interview went well. Does anyone know if ORMs are able to get off the waitlist? Cuz on the admission page it says its not ranked and based on diversifying the class

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 WL Canadian. I'm bummed because I thought my interview went well. Does anyone know if ORMs are able to get off the waitlist? Cuz on the admission page it says its not ranked and based on diversifying the class
me too super bummed lol

that usually means they pull applicants with unique experiences, hobbies, backgrounds, etc. that they don’t already see represented in the class.

Does this school accept post-II update letters? Do they value Letters of Intent? Looking to write one real soon

just interviewed this week, would it be appropriate to combine the update letter and thank you letter or should they be separate

Members don't see this ad :)
For second look day this Friday does anyone know if it's the sort of thing where you should dress professionally or if it's more informal like a campus tour where you don't really need to dress professionally?

For second look day this Friday does anyone know if it's the sort of thing where you should dress professionally or if it's more informal like a campus tour where you don't really need to dress professionally?
i emailed about this and they said "The dress code is casual."

Reactions: 1 user
i've been accepted (was thankfully accepted early in the cycle), how is the best way to approach them about scholarships? this is my first time applying.
do i reach out to them? will they reach out to me? will it come post-fasfa?

thank u, from a very broke person wanting to go to medical school LOL

Reactions: 1 users
i've been accepted (was thankfully accepted early in the cycle), how is the best way to approach them about scholarships? this is my first time applying.
do i reach out to them? will they reach out to me? will it come post-fasfa?

thank u, from a very broke person wanting to go to medical school LOL
I got a 20k/year scholarship for all 4 years and they reached out to me maybe a month ago (about 2 months after I was accepted). No info about fin aid yet likely because of fafsa delays but when I called they told me max of 10k/year for need based aid was available for each student

On pre-II hold since 2/19 and already sent 4 updates (only 2 after the hold)- does it make sense to send another? Not sure if it'll affect anything

On pre-II hold since 2/19 and already sent 4 updates (only 2 after the hold)- does it make sense to send another? Not sure if it'll affect anything
Probably not if you’ve already sent 4, especially at this point in the season

Withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone get a confirmation email after sending in an update letter?

Do we think they're sending out any decisions today or is it too late? Next week?

OOS A this morning!! My first and only A. Interviewed early March

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS A!! My first A this cycle and I’m so grateful for it!!

Is there an accepted group chat?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I was placed on "hold" in Jan so I'm wondering the same.
Got a post-hold rejection last year on April 3rd (and a bunch of others did as well) so I unfortunately think interviews are wrapping up. Take that with a grain of salt tho as things definitely vary from year to year