Next Career Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phrmgrl88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm feeling pretty fed up with pharmacy. The job market around me is saturated, I feel like I'm on a sinking ship with my current employer. Very few options for jumping ship. Student loans will be paid off soon. Any suggestions for my next career? Anyone else considering a change?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Drug info call center? Drug rep? Seems like these are some of the things that people end up doing when fed up with traditional pharmacy roles.

Hey all,

I'm feeling pretty fed up with pharmacy. The job market around me is saturated, I feel like I'm on a sinking ship with my current employer. Very few options for jumping ship. Student loans will be paid off soon. Any suggestions for my next career? Anyone else considering a change?

What do you mean by sinking ship with current employer? Do you work for K-Mart?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Move. Pharmacy is a diverse work environment. If you are retail, move to a small town hospital across the country and see how you like that. If you are tired of scrambling in a level one trauma center, try the Walgreen down the road to see how you feel. Bored of telling every patient the same thing in a coumadin or diabetes clinic, see if staffing on a med-surg floor suits you... and there is always that million dollar sign on bonus in Alaska...

Hey all,

If you like teaching students... full time academia?

Clinical Director of a medicinal cannabis dispensary.

Clinical Director of a medicinal cannabis dispensary.

If FL had voted yes to this in our last election, opening a dispensary was my plan. Or maybe just a daydream, lol

But seriously, there has to be bank to be made in that.