Next step

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slammy199

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted some advice on my situation right now.
I am a first semester sophomore and I went through some personal things earlier in the semester and failed a couple of tests. As a result Its looking like I will have a C in Orgo 1, a B in Genetics and a B in analytical Physics. Im worried that this will kill my GPA in the long term and also kill my chances for med school. My freshman year GPA was pretty strong (3.75). So my question is should I take more classes next semester and try to double minor in Geography and Environmental studies so I can reduce the effects of one C or should I start doing research with my Genetics lab prof ( I have an A in that class).
Thanks for any advice

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, just wanted some advice on my situation right now.
I am a first semester sophomore and I went through some personal things earlier in the semester and failed a couple of tests. As a result Its looking like I will have a C in Orgo 1, a B in Genetics and a B in analytical Physics. Im worried that this will kill my GPA in the long term and also kill my chances for med school. My freshman year GPA was pretty strong (3.75). So my question is should I take more classes next semester and try to double minor in Geography and Environmental studies so I can reduce the effects of one C or should I start doing research with my Genetics lab prof ( I have an A in that class).
Thanks for any advice

It depends on how big of a drop the C will put you. If you're in the 3.5 range don't worry about it and move on...just make sure to get As this next time around (double majoring isn't the way to go, just do well in the courses you have at hand).

If you're down to the 3.3-3.2 range then you may need to take some courses that'll buffer our your GPA. It would be better if they were science courses.

I wouldn't suggest double minoring.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have time to fix it if it needs fixing. I wouldn't suggest taking additional courses next semester. Get yourself back on track and do well. If at some point you want to retake Orgo do it but for now relax and refocus. Good luck!

Your worried about one C and a few Bs on your college transcript?

YOU ARE FINE!!!

Don't take classes you aren't interested in for the sake of raising your gpa. You'll do much better in classes that you're actually passionate about