NIH-Merial Symposium 2014-Cornell: now 2015 Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Leaving tonight for Cornell! Can't say I'm excited for the bus ride, though... Would love to do an SDN meet-up!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone wanna buy me a last-minute ticket? Turns out I have the weekend free. You could listen to my sexy schmexy voice. I'll even buy the first round of drinks.

Reactions: 2 users
We are flying out tomorrow morning, so will be missing most the Thursday activities.

We won't be getting there until Thursday evening. Not sure what they have going on. I honestly haven't looked at the itinerary much

I'll be there. =) I've managed to get myself wrangled in as a volunteer, so uh, just look for the flashing red bearpaw.

Someone wanna buy me a last-minute ticket? Turns out I have the weekend free. You could listen to my sexy schmexy voice. I'll even buy the first round of drinks.
Aww. I wish you could be there! The party would be truly on. This is how I imagine it. :D

d025dfb86c927e6466df0b344cab4b95.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be there! Flying out tomorrow morning. We should def do an SDN dinner or lunch or something. I'll also admit I also haven't really looked at the itinerary much...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be there too! Leaving at midnight tonight to start driving to get there 5pmish tomorrow. Road trip!

Aww man I wish I had seen this thread before now! I had a great time in NY! Cornell is beautiful!

Trilt were you on the flight from Newark to Ithaca? If so I may have seen you.

Aww man I wish I had seen this thread before now! I had a great time in NY! Cornell is beautiful!

If it makes you feel any better, none of us met up. Or at least I didn't know it if we did! :laugh: I didn't spend much time with the symposium. I wondered around Ithaca eating like I had never had food before and looking at all the bridges and gardens. Very pretty setting indeed!

I was! My school's whole group was and probably filled up a quarter of that teeny plane, so I'd be impressed if you missed us. :p

If it makes you feel any better, none of us met up. Or at least I didn't know it if we did! :laugh: I didn't spend much time with the symposium. I wondered around Ithaca eating like I had never had food before and looking at all the bridges and gardens. Very pretty setting indeed!
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one... I went to the opening talks, cancer bio stuff and poster session and that was pretty much it for me. Spent a lot of time being chauffeured around Ithaca to various food places, waterfalls, etc by an undergrad friend who now goes to school there. :)

I should have probably just made a new thread for Davis, but whatever.

Got most of my poster finished today. It has been a battle. The only thing I am looking forward to at this point is making plans with any of you that might go and then probably never actually meeting anyone like last year. :laugh:

I'll be there! We head out Thursday from Houston. I just finished my RT-PCR plates on Friday and need to get my statistical analysis done for the last 3, but most of the rest of my poster is done. Pretty excited to visit another vet school!

We leave at 5:20am. :sleep: I'm nervous about flying, but excited to be getting out of the state. A group of us are considering traveling to San Francisco tomorrow since we'll arrive so early.

We leave at 5:20am. :sleep: I'm nervous about flying, but excited to be getting out of the state. A group of us are considering traveling to San Francisco tomorrow since we'll arrive so early.
San Fran is great, but be prepared to spend the monies. Very expensive everything. Lots of excellent food stuffs to try that makes it worth it though!