No Clinical LOR help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1175692

I'm gathering my LOR for next cycle (2024-2025) and I'm worried about not having a clinical letter of recommendation. Here are the LOR I know I can get:
1. Non science ( 1 professor maybe even another one if they remember me lol)
2. Science ( 1 professor; my lab instructor has a PhD will this count as a second one?)
3. volunteer coordinator (I volunteer as a tutor/college prep for refugee kids)
4. One of my PI's

I have nobody that I am super close to in a clinical setting and I don't think doing shadowing once a week will be enough for a strong LOR. Am I screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

Most MD schools do not request (or desire) a clinical letter.
If they want one, shadowing is good enough. Do not send it to those that do not request one!
Thank you! I don't think many schools require clinical LOR anyway, I thought I screwed myself over! I will double check all requirements ofc

Members don't see this ad :)
Most MD schools do not request (or desire) a clinical letter.
If they want one, shadowing is good enough. Do not send it to those that do not request one!
Also does a LOR from my lab instructor who has a PhD and is not a TA (they are the instructor) count?

Make sure to check which schools accept letters from lab teachers! Mine doesn't accept letters from lab teachers if the lab was 1 credit hour.

Reactions: 2 users