No post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spirit of the Student Doc

Worrying will never change the outcome
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posted in error. My apologies.

If the moderator would be kind enough to delete this, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. (I changed my mind on a question I had and decided not to post it)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What exactly is Bio 212? Is it just Bio 2?

Regardless, the real world isn't comprised of tests and quizzes. Your grades during your third-year clinical rotations will be, to use your term, "class participation." Might as well hone those skills now.

I do sympathize with the need to take a poorly reviewed professor. I don't know the details of your schedule but I always prioritized getting good professors in my most important classes, i.e. courses for my major and pre-reqs. If the situation is unavoidable though, just make the best of it. Everyone has bad professors sometimes, and you just have to rise to the occasion and figure out how to succeed in their class.

Reactions: 1 user
What exactly is Bio 212? Is it just Bio 2?

Regardless, the real world isn't comprised of tests and quizzes. Your grades during your third-year clinical rotations will be, to use your term, "class participation." Might as well hone those skills now.

I do sympathize with the need to take a poorly reviewed professor. I don't know the details of your schedule but I always prioritized getting good professors in my most important classes, i.e. courses for my major and pre-reqs. If the situation is unavoidable though, just make the best of it. Everyone has bad professors sometimes, and you just have to rise to the occasion and figure out how to succeed in their class.

Thanks for the reply.... Perhaps I should retype what I took down.

In Bio 211 the teacher records his lectures, so I figured I was good..... Little did I know not physically attending class had consequences. Other times I just can't make the hour run to school from wherever I'm at.....

Her, Bio 212... aka Bio 2, class seems super heavy on participation if these prior students are to be believed...... Miss enough classes and my odds for an A in the class go to zero.... based solely on my attendance.

I guess I have to tough it out though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gotta do what you gotta do. My school had a university-wide policy that you could only miss about 10% of the semester's classes unexcused, and to go over was an automatic F. So I got pretty used to going to class.

Best of luck!

Gotta do what you gotta do. My school had a university-wide policy that you could only miss about 10% of the semester's classes unexcused, and to go over was an automatic F. So I got pretty used to going to class.

Best of luck!
Seriously? That's bogus. Fine for high school, but college students are young adults. If they don't learn well by going to class and don't bug the professor with questions that were answered in class, then who cares if they never show up, as long as they do well?

Thanks for the reply.... Perhaps I should retype what I took down.

In Bio 211 the teacher records his lectures, so I figured I was good..... Little did I know not physically attending class had consequences. Other times I just can't make the hour run to school from wherever I'm at.....

Her, Bio 212... aka Bio 2, class seems super heavy on participation if these prior students are to be believed...... Miss enough classes and my odds for an A in the class go to zero.... based solely on my attendance.

I guess I have to tough it out though.

Random off-topic question, do you happen to go to ISU? I recognize those course titles (211/212) and I see that your location is midwest.