No W's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So I've dropped 3 courses throughout UG, but my school (small liberal arts) doesn't show any W's on my online transcript? Do some schools just not give W's orrr?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, usually there's somewhere between 3-6 weeks (depending on the school) during which you can drop courses and have them not show up on your transcript. You only get W's if you drop them after this period.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I dropped them in late October of this semester, so about two months in :8 and thanks for your replies SDN mates haha, please keep them coming :)

you know you could ask your school...... they probably know more about their policies than random strangers who likely do not go to your school would know about your school's policies.

they may not show up on an unofficial transcript but may show up on the official one.

either way, 3 Ws probably won't be significant as long as the rest of your app is fine. don't get anymore though, you can't afford that risk.

That's interesting.. We had no "grace" period. No matter when you dropped the course you received a W. Post drop date you received another letter showing that you withdrew without a grade.

we had three different time periods. (small, private, liberal arts school in Midwest)

drop w/ nothing reflected on official transcript
drop w/ a W on official transcript
drop w/ an I (incomplete) on official transcript

we had three different time periods. (small, private, liberal arts school in Midwest)

Same thing at my large public science school in the Northeast.

To OP, I would avoid getting any more W's.

Was this during your freshman year? The school I attended gives freshmen a break so that withdrawn classes during the first semester (and maybe even second) don't show up on official transcripts. I guess to help with transitioning to a tough university.

Similar rules at my school (small, private, liberal arts school in Northeast)

Was this during your freshman year? The school I attended gives freshmen a break so that withdrawn classes during the first semester (and maybe even second) don't show up on official transcripts. I guess to help with transitioning to a tough university.

That's strange IMO. I think the best way to learn is to cut the cord and move on lol