Non-Science Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Scribe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to MD schools this cycle and have a question regarding LORs. I currently have a letter from a biomechanics professor (1 science), a chem 1 professor (2 science), a doctor whom I shadowed (1 character), a physiology professor (3 science), and a chem 1 professor who sponsored a service organization that I founded and whom I TA'd for (? letter). My question is: can I count this last letter as a non science letter? Technically I received 1 credit hour for being his TA and I counted the credit hour as being "Education" on the AMCAS course work section. My professor would also review some basic teaching techniques in an empty classroom with other TA's so he did teach me in a classroom setting. Is this stretching the rules too far? I need a nonscience letter to apply to 2 schools in Fl (UCF and USF) and the professor who was supposed to write my non-science letter (Injury prevention course) has still not done so, so using the chem 1 professor's letter is just a back up plan...would you guys say its an okay one tho? Thanks for your advice

Members don't see this ad.