Non Traditional curious about my chances:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Husky45

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I came across this thread today and I had a question to ask about how MD school's calculate GPA's? For example I attended a CC for four years to finish my associates degree while working a job in healthcare, and I'll be attending a four year university starting in the fall of 2016. In these four years I have repeated some courses that I did subpar in because of my CC's repeat policy. I know medical school admissions board accounts for past and repeated grades but how will it all be calculated for someone like me who will take 6 years to graduate with a bachelor's degree? I know some school's do weighted calculations whereas the year increases from 1-4 the weight of the GPA increases but how will it work when it is initially screened by the admissions board for allopathic programs?

My current CC GPA is a 3.4 after the repeats but prior to the repeats it's a 3.0. Can anyone also comment on realistically how high I can get my GPA with two years left in schoolor 90 credits?

Members don't see this ad.

Calculate your GPA using every course and ignoring any academic forgiveness or repeats your university offered. Your cumulative GPA will include coursework from both colleges.