Northeastern Counseling Psychology PhD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olderpsych

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts about this program?

Members don't see this ad.

Don 't know much about the program, except that it is a new program. However, according to their website their APA site visit is scheduled for May 2014. If I remember correctly, you should be fine as long as the program is accredited by your graduation date.

Reactions: 1 user
Don 't know much about the program, except that it is a new program. However, according to their website their APA site visit is scheduled for May 2014. If I remember correctly, you should be fine as long as the program is accredited by your graduation date.

New? I saw they had a School Psych/Counseling Psych PhD when I applied to programs in 2009...?

Members don't see this ad :)
New? I saw they had a School Psych/Counseling Psych PhD when I applied to programs in 2009...?

You are right. I looked at the program last spring and for some reason I thought it was newer than it is. Website says they enrolled their first cohort in 2009.

I'm pretty sure that they were accredited as a combined Counseling/School program but are in the process of separating these emphases into separate Counseling and School Ph.D. programs. That being said, I kind of remember that when I interviewed there (in 2009) for the combined program they announced that they had accreditation for the combined program but it would not carry over into the separate programs when they split. That was a deal-breaker for me since I would have been in the first graduating (pre-accredited) class needed for the new program to apply for APA-accreditation.