Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cranky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give me information about this program? Avg scores needed, if they have given out interviews. I received an email from them saying that they were reviewing my application, and I have not heard from them since. Any students interview there yet or have interviews scheduled?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an invite for their prelim medicine programs (both downtown and evanston) a couple of weeks ago...I don't know if that helps (since you're probably talking about categorical or primary care programs, right?), but that's my 2 cents...

Thanks Fugax,

But I was talking about the categorical IM program. I am just wondering why they are taking so long. Is it my application? From other posts, I presume many programs are reviewing applicants after the deans letter came out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would call them to see what the status is. I gave a program a call today and they were like "Oh, you're supposed to get an interview, have you not received an email yet?" :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was thinking that maybe the committee meets once a week and then sends out interviews. Since the deans letter came out last friday, they might not have had a chance to review it and decide who they were sending invites out to. Any opinions? Also, any opinions on calling the program?

Got northwestern about 2 weeks ago, 2 days after they said that they were reviewing my file and would not send an invite until after the dean's letter. I would still wait until next Thurs or so before calling them, since they probably don't review files everyday. They're probably rolling invites out... When did you send in your app?

Wizard,

Thank you for replying to my thread. I applied in September, so I have been waiting a looooooonng time. It is frustrating. Would you mind pm your stats to me? Can you tell me other places you have gotten interviews?

Still waiting on this program. I cannot believe it. Any info out there. How long should I wait before giving up? Anyone have info on how long we should wait before giving up on interviews?

just got this interview yesterday! so maybe there is hope....

Received 215 Step I score. Avg. grades, not top 20 med school, Really good letters. Still waiting on Northwestern. If you have received an interview from this program, can you pm me your stats. I cannot believe I am still waiting! I thank you in advance.

Anyone get rejected from here yet? Just wondering because I am also waiting on this program. This is the only one I am waiting on!

IMHO you should email them regarding the status of your application. I was patiently waiting for their reply.. then decided to email them yesterday.. got a reply 20 minutes later offering an interview.

Categorical IM, canadian med school, Step 1 228