Not the first time someone asked this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok guys,

I'm sure this has been addressed several times before, sorry :D . I've been considering what to include in the work/activities section of my AAMCAS app. I had an excellent shadowing experience that lasted for 3 months during my last semester in high school. I've been told that it is taboo to include anything from high school, should I leave it out? Also, I worked as a pharm tech for a year up until the beginning of fall semester freshman year, should I also leave that out? I have a decent number of other work/activities to include, I’m thinking these might serve as good filler. What’s your input? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

FutureDoc2010 said:
Ok guys,

I'm sure this has been addressed several times before, sorry :D . I've been considering what to include in the work/activities section of my AAMCAS app. I had an excellent shadowing experience that lasted for 3 months during my last semester in high school. I've been told that it is taboo to include anything from high school, should I leave it out? Also, I worked as a pharm tech for a year up until the beginning of fall semester freshman year, should I also leave that out? I have a decent number of other work/activities to include, I’m thinking these might serve as good filler. What’s your input? Thanks!

I also had a shadowing experience during my last year of high school, and I decided to leave it in. The fact that it occurred in high school never came up in interviews, so I doubt it was an issue.

just mention that stuff in your PS instead - no such restrictions there

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not taboo, its simply contrary to directions. Its your choice to make, but you'll look like you cant follow directions if you include it.