Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was actually wondering the same thing. I already received a phone call, they left a voice mail saying my application was forwarded to the admission committee for review and to call back if I have any questions....hope to hear back from them soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Was actually wondering the same thing. I already received a phone call, they left a voice mail saying my application was forwarded to the admission committee for review and to call back if I have any questions....hope to hear back from them soon!

Glad I'm not the only one haha. I only received two emails one saying that they had received my PTCAS portion and the other saying they have received my supplemental app.

From reading what other people have been saying I'm guessing it'll take about 4weeks. Hopefully no longer!

Members don't see this ad :)
Took me about exactly 4 weeks to receive the acceptance email from the time they told me they had received the supp. And there is no interview for Ft Lauderdale, I did hear there is an phone interview for the Hybrid Tampa program.

FWIW, I got confirmation of the supplemental about 7 weeks ago and no decision yet. I also applied to the Tampa program and did a phone interview a few weeks ago but no decision there either.

FWIW, I got confirmation of the supplemental about 7 weeks ago and no decision yet. I also applied to the Tampa program and did a phone interview a few weeks ago but no decision there either.

You could always call or email asking where in the process your application is. I would suggest calling though as that always seems the easiest when trying to get a straight answer haha.

You could always call or email asking where in the process your application is. I would suggest calling though as that always seems the easiest when trying to get a straight answer haha.

nova is so busy right now with applications that calling now would mean you would just speak to a health science admissions personal...and get forwarded to monica, but even shes busy and all you can do is leave a message

If anything I'd like to avoid having a decision already, I don't want to have to pay that huge deposit without hearing from more schools! But at the same time I'd feel much better hearing something from someone! I applied 3 weeks after apps opened and haven't heard from anyone but UM while other people are hearing from FIU and Nova. Huge blow to my confidence (I like to think I have solid stats) and hopefully I don't end up one of those horror story examples that numbers don't mean everything.

Anyways, that was my venting for the morning :p

7 weeks does seem like a long time considering others already got accepted, but if your LOR's and essays are good too i don't see how any school would reject you....hope you hear back from them soon!

Yeah you should be in good shape, where would you like to attend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah you should be in good shape, where would you like to attend?

I'm flip flopping between UM and Nova, I like UM better but it's more expensive and a terrible commute. I'm applying to FIU but would only go as a last resort now that their tuition is just as outrageous as private schools.

Had a phone interview tonight with Nova. Wanted to ask me about some things with my application told me I would have a decision with in a week

Had a phone interview tonight with Nova. Wanted to ask me about some things with my application told me I would have a decision with in a week

They called me today as well but I was at work so I told them I would have to call them back tomorrow morning. They said they wanted to go over my application, hope its a good sign!

I answered "yes" to a few of the conduct questions.... They wanted to talk to me about it

Yea I have a record so they told me I run the risk of not being able to complete inpatient clinicals, and wanted to know if I'm willing to risk going through thousands of dollars and years if school only to find out I can't finish due to that issue. I told them I have come way to far to stop now, the lady seemed pretty impressed with my story so we will see what happens

I guess Nova called just to notify me that they had started to review my application. Hope to hear something in a month or so!

Has anyone heard from Nova over the past week?

I didnt but I know Monica was out most of last week which might have caused a small delay with our applications. If you hear anything let us know. I am still eagerly waiting to hear from them as well, but probably wont hear till about the first week of Nov. Good luck!

I know y'all, I can't stop checking my email. I think there will be a little lag with Monica recruiting. She also told me they are training a new admissions group so that might cause even more delays. Good luck guys!

Lol I check my email soooooo much! At anytime any of us could get a " game changer" email! Monica was still out today when I called, I'm going to call again tomorrow.

I received another email yesterday, from Monica this time, telling me that the admission counselor will be reviewing my application now and gave me a number to call if I'd like to get an update on my application. I only submitted my supp. 2 weeks ago but hopefully that's a good sign and I'll be hearing back within the next 2 weeks!

I received another email yesterday, from Monica this time, telling me that the admission counselor will be reviewing my application now and gave me a number to call if I'd like to get an update on my application. I only submitted my supp. 2 weeks ago but hopefully that's a good sign and I'll be hearing back within the next 2 weeks!

I guess I better call... I filled out my supplemental on August 14 and haven't received that email. I'm crossing my fingers that this hold up is because I applied to both campuses... anyone else apply to the Tampa program also?

I got that same email even though my supp. app. was turned in a week or so ago. But hey at least its in motion now haha. I also emailed Monica about how long it should take to hear something back, and they said still around 4-6 weeks :( I'm hoping that that's not from when we received the email (yesterday) and instead when we turned everything in. I guess we will sill have to wait patiently.

I called and my application is still under review... 10 weeks after submitting the supplemental. This process is SO frustrating..

Dang. That's not a good sign. I'm only at week 4!

I went to the VIP-PT thing last week since Nova is 5 minutes from me and I decided I should actually check out the facilities now that I was accepted.

1/ Monica is out recruiting almost everyday or every other day.
2/ They are changing over the head of application review and bringing in a young lady with her PhD specializing in wound care PT if I remember correctly. It used to be Dr. Stern.
3/ The students seemed to really like it there, liked the 100% pass rate and their preparation, and said teachers were always willing to help.
4/ The "campus" for PT is located basically all in the health professions building which is shared with the DO, Dentistry, PA, Audiology, Nursing, OT, PT.
5/ The have nice lecture halls and a few state of the art PT rooms.
6/ DPT students don't do the cadaver dissection, they use the already dissected cadavers from the Med students. (Makes sense since we don't actually have to do surgery)
7/ Nova has garnered a ton of certifications and honors for the amount and earliness (if thats a properly used word here lol) of their clinical education. Basically from your second semester on there is some form of clinical integration, whether in their on campus clinic or in various off-campus affiliations.

I'm sure there is much more I left out but I was just trying to help some of y'all out with info. All the professors, staff, and students seemed to really like the program and be pretty laid back overall. They did say the first semester gross Anatomy and Physiology is hard but then it settles a little bit. All in all, the visit did nothing to deter me from going there at all being for me its the cheapest route.

If anyone has anymore questions I would be happy to try and answer them!

-Tom

I went to the VIP-PT thing last week since Nova is 5 minutes from me and I decided I should actually check out the facilities now that I was accepted.

1/ Monica is out recruiting almost everyday or every other day.
2/ They are changing over the head of application review and bringing in a young lady with her PhD specializing in wound care PT if I remember correctly. It used to be Dr. Stern.
3/ The students seemed to really like it there, liked the 100% pass rate and their preparation, and said teachers were always willing to help.
4/ The "campus" for PT is located basically all in the health professions building which is shared with the DO, Dentistry, PA, Audiology, Nursing, OT, PT.
5/ The have nice lecture halls and a few state of the art PT rooms.
6/ DPT students don't do the cadaver dissection, they use the already dissected cadavers from the Med students. (Makes sense since we don't actually have to do surgery)
7/ Nova has garnered a ton of certifications and honors for the amount and earliness (if thats a properly used word here lol) of their clinical education. Basically from your second semester on there is some form of clinical integration, whether in their on campus clinic or in various off-campus affiliations.

I'm sure there is much more I left out but I was just trying to help some of y'all out with info. All the professors, staff, and students seemed to really like the program and be pretty laid back overall. They did say the first semester gross Anatomy and Physiology is hard but then it settles a little bit. All in all, the visit did nothing to deter me from going there at all being for me its the cheapest route.

If anyone has anymore questions I would be happy to try and answer them!

-Tom

Thanks for all that info! With new staff and Monica going recruiting I can see why it could take so long. The more I hear about Nova the more it sounds like the right program for me. Hope I get in!

Does anyone ever get Monica on the phone instead of her voicemail? She seems to be "out of the office today" everyday lol. I also called another lady but got her voice mail too. What's the best way to get ahold of someone there?

Does anyone ever get Monica on the phone instead of her voicemail? She seems to be "out of the office today" everyday lol. I also called another lady but got her voice mail too. What's the best way to get ahold of someone there?

Monica answers my emails within a day or two when I've asked about non-admissions related stuff.

Hey guys, I called the admissions line today to check on my application status, and the woman I spoke with said that an email regarding my status was waiting to be sent to me but she couldn't say what the contents were. She said I should receive it on Monday. What do you make of this mystery email??? Aagh, I'm so freakin' anxious.

Sorry b0rganic but I just had to laugh at that post. Waiting for an email to be sent? Haha. This waiting process is all driving us mad. I turned in my application around the same time as you so I'm pretty anxious as well. Good luck! and I may be seeing you at the UM interview.

Hey guys, I called the admissions line today to check on my application status, and the woman I spoke with said that an email regarding my status was waiting to be sent to me but she couldn't say what the contents were. She said I should receive it on Monday. What do you make of this mystery email??? Aagh, I'm so freakin' anxious.

Oh wow and I think I submitted mine a little after you too...That sucks that she couldn't just tell you haha but good luck hopefully its good news!! Maybe I'll hear from them next week or at least the week after....ahhh so anxious now :confused:

Do you have to send the GRE scores separately again to NOVA after submitting the application? I first sent it to the GRE code listed on the NOVA's PTCAS page (7741) but I got an email from NOVA on Friday saying that they want me to send it to NSU's GRE school code (5522). Do I have to resend my GRE scores then?

I sent my GRE scores to the 7741 code. They have told me that they have everything that is need to start my review. I would shoot them a email today and give them a call tomorrow to double check. Good luck!

Welp I'm going to be checking my email every 15 seconds this week instead of every 30 :p

We are all feeling the heat! Livelifelifting how did your U of Miami interview go? Any advice on topics of conversation to prep for?

We are all feeling the heat! Livelifelifting how did your U of Miami interview go? Any advice on topics of conversation to prep for?

I feel really good about it, it was very conversational and laid back. My interviewer seriously only asked me on question, the rest was just a conversation. Be prepared to talk about your observation experiences and such but if it's anything like mine, you should mostly be prepared to talk about yourself.

Hey Everyone! Just wondering if anyone has heard anything? I received a call from Ava stating that they have received all my documents on Oct. 1st and that they are forwarding my documents to the admissions committee. I'm hoping I hear from them soon. Should I just another week or so? The suspense is killing me, hahaha.

So I received an email about two weeks ago saying that they received my supplemental application and it will be further processed if they received all required documents.......Should I have gotten another email/call saying that all required documents were received and my app will be forwarded to the admissions committee? I just realized that I sent my GRE scores to code 7741 when the email said to send it to 5522....however, the PTCAS website says 7741. Which code did you all send your scores to?? Uggghhh.....

So I received an email about two weeks ago saying that they received my supplemental application and it will be further processed if they received all required documents.......Should I have gotten another email/call saying that all required documents were received and my app will be forwarded to the admissions committee? I just realized that I sent my GRE scores to code 7741 when the email said to send it to 5522....however, the PTCAS website says 7741. Which code did you all send your scores to?? Uggghhh.....

I sent my GRE to the code 7741...I have both called and emailed them and both times I have gotten the same reply "I checked and all of the required documents needed have been received so that I may further process your application. Yet due to the volume of applications, it may take me a couple weeks. I will get to it as soon as possible." I hope this helps! If anyone else wants to shed some light on which code they sent theirs too that got accepted that would be awesome. Good luck, lets hope we hear some good news within the next week or so!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks SeaPT. I wish I applied earlier when they had less apps haha. I'm glad that I created this forum since it seems to have helped a bunch of people. Good luck everyone!

I also sent my GRE scores to 7741....I'm pretty sure that this is the right code. This is only the third week since I received the email that my supp. app. was received and that it's being reviewed, so hopefully I'll be hearing back within the next two weeks! Seriously can't stop checking my email lol

What I don't understand is why some people have received calls that their app is being forwarded to the admissions committee and that everything was received, while others have not received this same notification.....

From what I understand you receive one email when you turn in your supp. app., then another call that it is being forwarded to the admission committee, and another email that it is now being reviewed by the admission committee....at least that's how it was for me