Now that ROL's are final, do you have any last minute regrets?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SLC

A Punk Rock Country Doc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went back and forth over and over again whether or not to pull my lowest ranked program off the list entirely.

I only ended up doing 9 interviews though, so I just couldn't pull the trigger. I got around 18-20 invites but couldn't afford/didn't have the time or energy to go on them all. I should have done my last two that I scheduled and then cancelled though. It would have brought me to 11 and I think I could have comfortably pulled that last program off the list.

On the bright side, my top 3 are all excellent and any one of them could just as easily be #1 rather than #2 or 3. If I match in the top 3 on my list I'll be ecstatic. If I get number 4 I'll be very happy too. It's 5-7 that I'd be "just OK" with, and 8-9 that will be a bit of a letdown.

How do you feel now that the list is final?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I'll be happy with any of my programs except one. They all felt right except that one.

I ll be happy with any of the programs on my list :)

Only possible regret I maybe have was I put a really really awesome University program as my number 2 (if I was single it would be my number 1).. My only worry is the distance from my wife if I match there.. (I put her program number 1 and number 3 and 4 were also local programs)... its wouldn't be the end of the world because it's only about 4 hours away, which would make it drivable on any free weekend I may have.

That's why you marry outside the medical field like I did.