NSU-COM class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi NSU-COM folks -

-i just thought i would share a link to a post where i discuss an issue - and give a specific example of NSU-COM (relating to the administration's opposition to the formation of an AMA chapter at your school). i would welcome your comments or thoughts on the issue - here's the link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2713481#post2713481

please reply with all thoughts/questions to the linked thread - not to this thread.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, we have a little more than a week and a half to go. Man, how this time flew!

I think it will be interesting to be in a new auditorium and see how things are once the summer gets rolling. Man, I still can't believe I'll be in school in July. Of course its in South Florida so it's pretty sweet.

just think....one year from today....we'll be onto rotations and step one will be behind us. Woo Hooo!

but in the mean time before all that good stuff and rotations, we're going to be miserable!! (not that rotations wont be miserable)

what an awesome feeling.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I hope you had a great break! Enjoy the time you have left - it feels like a sprint until you are past heme and lymph. It feels like it mellows out a bit after that. If you are ready to go though, you can nail path and pharm. I recommend getting the Step 1 FirstAid book and going through it as you go through your classes. I did this as much as I could and it really helped out when it came time to study for Step 1. The book is also really helpful for your small group sessions. About the M2 auditorium, the only good things about it are that you arent interrupted everytime the cafeteria sets off the fire alarms and its not the M1 auditorium ;p.

War Eagle!

class all day and studying afterward sucks really bad.

Fin-Nor said:
class all day and studying afterward sucks really bad.

what are u talking about....its sooO much fUN ..i been wide awake for everymin of class 8-5 woOO hooO :D ..its nice to know that the $500 technology fee is going towards something useful this semester... and wait to add to that we should also take out another 350 out of our pockets to pay for notes....i feeelll sooo rich

you should have lots from all those slickdeal rebates.

try moving and getting ready to miss a week of class on top of it.

My mind is toast...and its only been 3 days.

I need the weekend....NOW.

Robz said:
try moving and getting ready to miss a week of class on top of it.

My mind is toast...and its only been 3 days.

I need the weekend....NOW.

im actually going to be moving this up coming monday after the path test. yay for moving. its actually a nicer place.

Congratz to all for a 93 average on path.....rock on.

Also....great job on pharm.....alright...I can use some etoh depressants now

Hey guys, I was just wondering that given the full extent of my professional clothing (1 suit), do you have to wear a suit to orientation everyday or is a shirt and tie ok. Thanks for the help !

OmedDOC said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering that given the full extent of my professional clothing (1 suit), do you have to wear a suit to orientation everyday or is a shirt and tie ok. Thanks for the help !

Just wear a nice shirt and tie. Most everyone is in nice clothes. Some may come in a suit but you already have had the interview your now just going to get a bunch of info thrown at you in a massive fashion....of course most of it is kinda boring and lots of administrators, most of which I haven't seen since, get up and talk about things.

THe most I got from my orientation...learning about clubs, osteoblast and some fun night parties, CPR/FA, and the survival guide which was shoved into an hour block. Osteoblast makes it all worth it in the end though. not many schools have a beach party to start off the year.

Thanks again Rob, you always come through!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Gang! The new recruits are going to be here on Monday. WOO HOO. It will be nice to see some new faces around here.

Can you guys believe we have finished 3 classes and also am about to take a midterm in another? CRAZY!!!

...watch out, we may bite. ;)

I survived the M1 orientation (they are all so nice and happy...) and I don't seem to have a chunk taken out of me..............except for my ass which was removed in a surgical manner on Wednesday Morning.......something about when to stop giving formula and switching to cows milk.....WTF???? Where was that in the notes or lecture?

...no bite marks??? You must not have run into me yet. hehehehe

Robz said:
.......something about when to stop giving formula and switching to cows milk.....WTF???? Where was that in the notes or lecture?

It was a dirty question...but she did say it in lecture. But who memorizes such things? Milk????? She talked more about her neice than when to start giving a baby cow's milk. I'm thinking of Fe deficiency anemia...Diamond Blackfan syndrome etc. ... Milk?????

kaikai128 said:

I'll give you 20 bucks to bite Dr. Mayrovitz :D

On second thought...Dr. Mayrovitz will give you 20 bucks to him....

iliacus said:
It was a dirty question...but she did say it in lecture. But who memorizes such things? Milk????? She talked more about her neice than when to start giving a baby cow's milk. I'm thinking of Fe deficiency anemia...Diamond Blackfan syndrome etc. ... Milk?????

I was at lecture. I took notes...I color like mad...I even took the noteservice notes and reread them...no where. no where was there anything to do with 12 months. My fiance knew and she isn't even medically inclined at all.....nuts bolts I got screwed....

and from Dr. Whiteheads email I don't think the class did so hot. I did ok....not the best though....

kaikai128 said:

Since I talked to all the M1's during Orientation I must have run into ya. :) If you were in the Survival Guide on Wednesday then you got to hear 2 hours of me. he he he. Lucky people they were....if you were thursday....then you just got to see my beautiful hair.....

Robz said:
My fiance knew and she isn't even medically inclined at all......

Sounds like she's maternally inclined :D

Some people are going to have difficulty in systems in the beginning because it isn't just mega memory. You have to integrate knowledge with critical thinking skills. Basically what you'll be doing your whole career as a doctor. It's a new way of thinking and test taking..so it will take a few go arounds for most to get the hang of it, but once they do they'll do great.

iliacus said:
Sounds like she's maternally inclined :D

Some people are going to have difficulty in systems in the beginning because it isn't just mega memory. You have to integrate knowledge with critical thinking skills. Basically what you'll be doing your whole career as a doctor. It's a new way of thinking and test taking..so it will take a few go arounds for most to get the hang of it, but once they do they'll do great.

ummm yeah.

I am all good with the way systems are...in fact I like it a hell of a lot more than last year. I still think that question is crap. :)

Dude....I didn't see you at osteoblast.....poser :)

Robz said:
ummm yeah.
Dude....I didn't see you at osteoblast.....poser :)

I was scared of the M1 who bites :eek:

Robz said:
Since I talked to all the M1's during Orientation I must have run into ya. :) If you were in the Survival Guide on Wednesday then you got to hear 2 hours of me. he he he. Lucky people they were....if you were thursday....then you just got to see my beautiful hair.....
I gotcha...and I got to listen to you again. Or rather, you got the privilege of getting to see our gorgeous faces again today--you should feel so lucky. :-D

kaikai128 said:
I gotcha...and I got to listen to you again. Or rather, you got the privilege of getting to see our gorgeous faces again today--you should feel so lucky. :-D

Yeah I was studying my pharm for Hemeotology and Lymphology during the lecture today. You all looked so nice and neat out there. Speech after speech can drag on. I tried to liven it up as much as I could....

Oh...and no joke there will be at least 3-5 questions from Dr. Patterson's talk from today.....its the same one (well today was shorter) that he will give you like day one or the second OPP class.

is anyone else looking forward to this weekend? I'm going to disneyworld...to work of course! :)

its vwery vwery quwite here...... must be everyone is studying.

Robz said:
its vwery vwery quwite here...... must be everyone is studying.

who had fun at deans hr?

I did.............................NOT!!!!!!!!!

lame. just give me my degree.

school sucks, 4am, havent slept.

8am will be a fun sleeping hr. :thumbup:

just remember there is no grade for deans hour...at least thats what my roomate says.

I am recharged now that I saw a sneak peek at next year. Can't wait to be done with massive classes.

Robz said:
just remember there is no grade for deans hour...at least thats what my roomate says.

I am recharged now that I saw a sneak peek at next year. Can't wait to be done with massive classes.

it was like yesterday when all the threads were class of 2008. now im seeing 2010...

maybe time flies or maybe im out drinking too much and cant remember the days that pass :confused:

when you start seeing treads for other classes that means we are closer to getting done....this has been the longest semester ever.....only 2 months to go till christmas break! WOooooooooooo.

muuusssttt.... noooottt.... rrrreeaaccchhh.... boootttooomm.... oofff... ppaaagggeee..... :oops:

1 month til xmas break.

Fin-Nor said:
it was like yesterday when all the threads were class of 2008. now im seeing 2010...

maybe time flies or maybe im out drinking too much and cant remember the days that pass :confused:

Time flies when you're having fun, huh? ;)

6months of studying, finally over. one more semester to go and we're out of this place.

Any of yall that will have furniture to sell in Julyish.. give me a PM , thx..