Numbers to Use for Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmgrlnxdor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am taking NAPLEX this Saturday and want to make sure:

1) CrCl: Use whatever Weight they instruct you to use if they actually give instructions....otherwise: Use IBW unless pt's actual weight is below IBW then use ACTUAL BW. Use IBW unless pt's actual weight is >1.3xIBW, if so then use ADJ BW. The main institution I did my clinical rotations at used >1.2....and I believe that was site specific, but just want to clarify that people out there used the cutoff for using ADJ BW when the actual body weight was >1.3xIBW.

or is it better to follow the RxPrep instructions which tell you to go off of BMI?

Use IBW for Aminoglycoside and Theophylline dosing.

2) 1 grain = 65 mg (approx) is this what you used or the actual 64.8mg?

Members don't see this ad.

Am taking NAPLEX this Saturday and want to make sure:
Use IBW for Aminoglycoside and Theophylline dosing.

Thank you and I want to share as well:
Digoxin loading and maintenance dosage should be calculated on the basis of IBW, which reflects lean body mass, rather than TBW, which reflects adipose tissue weight in addition to lean body mass.
SOURCE: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7282520

Also, the updated chart at this side is helpful:
http://clincalc.com/Kinetics/ObesityDosing.aspx

Print out of current status is attached as a file in case this site disappears

Attachments

• Drug Dosing in Obesity Reference Table - ClinCalc dot com .pdf
    824.1 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I have a question about a calculations problem that I cannot seems to solve. Maybe someone here can? It goes like this:
A 68 kg patient is receiving dopamine drip 400 mg in 250 mL D5W at a rate of 15 mL per hour. What dose is this patient receiving in mcg/min? The answer choices are: 4.3, 5.9, 7.2, 8.1, 9.7
I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I don't get any of the answer choices when I do the calculation.....
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user