NYCOM vs SGU/Ross, Accepted --> Please advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCI medical school was one of those DO schools that turned into a MD school in the 80's following this "duel". Also, they didn't just take away DO licenses, they offered all cali DO's the chance to pay $80 and convert their DO degrees to MD's.
and then outlawed DO's the very next day. very very sneaky

then DO sued. and it was all undone

except UCI leftovers being MD. superwierd. imagine u get a letter in the mial ur soph yr of med school saying ur now at a MD school. then another letter syain DO's cant work in cali. then another letter syaing, sorry, we take that last one back. but ur still not do anymore

hahah... politics.

i imagine when we are all in our 50's we will be the chief's no doubt bashing all the ND's. i ask you all to remember ur open minds now, and not be so fast to discredit as our seniors do today.

I think a DO school needs to be opened in Orange County to rectify this.

Members don't see this ad :)
All we need is money, petition, and a protest. Protest is just for fun as long as no one gets injured ha. :rolleyes:

Why protest??? All we need is a nice plot of land (real cheap in OC) and some solid rotations ... the rest will fall into place.

I deleted my earlier comments b/c I didn't realize this thread was about a year old. Oh, SDN, when will you learn?

Last edited:
I've been accepted to a caribbean school but still keeping a positive outlook on the US schools I applied to. SGU gives 30 days to confirm enrollment/reserve a seat which I did after submitting $1000. I did this to have at least one option in the end. Does anyone know or has anyone withdrawn their seat at a Caribbean school after reserving a seat to go to a US school when accepted? Both school start in August, and I don't mind losing the $1000 though its a lot of money to go to a US school. Any help is much appreciated. :)

I've been accepted to a caribbean school but still keeping a positive outlook on the US schools I applied to. SGU gives 30 days to confirm enrollment/reserve a seat which I did after submitting $1000. I did this to have at least one option in the end. Does anyone know or has anyone withdrawn their seat at a Caribbean school after reserving a seat to go to a US school when accepted? Both school start in August, and I don't mind losing the $1000 though its a lot of money to go to a US school. Any help is much appreciated. :)

I was all set on heading down to Ross for may. However, I just recieved acceptance to Nycom. So I withdrew from Ross

Congrats Workingonit...if I may ask what made you prefer DO school over MD in caribbean. I am stuck with the same predicament. Any had a quick question offices are closed today for spring recess so thought i'd ask here. Has anyone driven to NYIT-NYCOM for their interview. If yes do they have separate parking for visitors and do visitors need a pass to park? Never been there so kind of curious...

The DO vs Carib MD has been hashed and rehashed to death. A DO in the US is WAY better than a Carib MD unless the Carib MD is the only option because that is better than nothing. If you are offered a spot in a US DO school take it

Congrats Workingonit...if I may ask what made you prefer DO school over MD in caribbean. I am stuck with the same predicament. Any had a quick question offices are closed today for spring recess so thought i'd ask here. Has anyone driven to NYIT-NYCOM for their interview. If yes do they have separate parking for visitors and do visitors need a pass to park? Never been there so kind of curious...

If you have the option of carrib MD bs us do. Take the do route. I've dome plenty of research on this. And from what I have seen and read. You will have a much smoother ride in a us based school.

As for parking. The lot is huge. And anyone can park there. I don't think there will be any issues with parking at all

Spring recess? what are you talking about? We had OMM lab today, man!

Thanks Workingonit...Guess I'll be joining you this fall. Will send withdrawal from SGU right away...

:soexcited:NYCOM Class of 2015:soexcited: