NYCPM Pre-Matriculation Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can you tell us a bit more about Draper? exactly what was it like? I'm moving in there on Sunday...

I still think Draper is lacking. I would not stay there. I visited several times. It is a good location and a good price for NYC but I would not live there.

I'd take my chances with a crazy roomate from craigslist 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to Sam's Club or Costco and buy a case of raid...it's more cost effective...

:thumbup:

yawn. typical propaganda crap. most of the interns coming out of NYCPM can't stand it. Many State Residencies don't want NYCPM people. Get a clue. NYCPM is not a good school. You just keep telling yourself that it is worth it because you can't deal with the fact that you are getting the shaft. When your school Prez won't even help you come up with the 1200 bucks (or was it more?) you had to use from the student treasury to pay for prospective students trips, come on, that is just shameful! Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I lived in Draper Hall for two years and I did not have any complaints. I am not sure how familiar you guys are with NYC but living can get very expensive and Draper Hall has everything you need all in one roof. They have treadmills and a bo-flex if you want to let off some steam, they have NYCPM bus service to and from school everyday, some of your rotations are through Metropolitan Hospital which is literally right across the street. You are 3 blocks away from the #6 subway line which will bring you to school in 15mins. If you have any questions about the school or its housing feel free to message me.

Just reading over the thread, noticed there wasn't any actual commentary towards how the NYCPM Summer Program actually turned out for any of you. Any opinions, advice, etc?
I've been talking to the admissions people about the summer program. I was told the classes are going to be histology/physiology, anatomy and biochem this summer. I don't really care about the reputation of the school. Whatever they teach me will be useful to me whereever I go.

Hello all,

I am planning on attending the NYCPM summer program this summer and I am applying to the actual program for the Fall. Is the program open to all applicants? Can anyone provide an example of a typical day in the program? Is there anyone else out planning on attending this summer? Anyone from southern ca? Any additional information on the summer program would be greatly appreciated. Specifically from those who have personally been through it.....Thanks in advance for your responses.