NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Is there anyone here who is still on the waitlist?
I’m still on it too. Did you list any acceptances/waitlists from other schools on your supp application? ADEA tells schools whether students are holding multiple acceptances on April 5th, so I’m guessing there will be more movement then.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has NYU sent out rejections? Still waiting for an interview but haven’t been rejected yet

I received an interview invite this morning. There were 3 dates available, 4/7, 4/8, and 4/12

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has NYU sent out rejections? Still waiting for an interview but haven’t been rejected yet
Do they directly email you saying you are "waitlisted"? I haven't gotten an interview yet but I haven't been declined as well.

Just receive an interview invite as well

Has anyone received an acceptance recently?

Interviewed March 30 (last Wednesday), just got a status update and I got accepted!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am OOS. My undergrad GPA was 3.64 and my masters GPA was 3.70. My DAT score was 20AA with 19TS.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who have interviewed, what was your opinion about the process?

has anyone received an interview this week? I know they said interviews go til the end of April but my app has been under review still, so just hoping to hear something soon

has anyone received an interview this week? I know they said interviews go til the end of April but my app has been under review still, so just hoping to hear something soon
I interviewed on Thursday 4/7 and they said they are still interviewing for open seats rather than waitlist spots. It sounds like there will still be more interviews through April. I received an interview after sending a second update letter so keep updating them on your app if possible. As someone mentioned to me above, if you haven’t been rejected, there’s still a chance of getting an interview this cycle. Keep your head up!

I interviewed on Thursday 4/7 and they said they are still interviewing for open seats rather than waitlist spots. It sounds like there will still be more interviews through April. I received an interview after sending a second update letter so keep updating them on your app if possible. As someone mentioned to me above, if you haven’t been rejected, there’s still a chance of getting an interview this cycle. Keep your head up!
Thank you for the advice! I actually sent an update in January, but not much has changed since then. Do you think I should send a Letter of Intent or something similar, or just wait it out? Also, congratulations on your interview!! I'm sure you did amazing!

Thank you for the advice! I actually sent an update in January, but not much has changed since then. Do you think I should send a Letter of Intent or something similar, or just wait it out? Also, congratulations on your interview!! I'm sure you did amazing!
I interviewed last week. To answer your question, I think it would not hurt to send a Letter of Intent. I believe NYU said people from waitlist will start seeing movement on mid to end of April as students have to choose which school they want to attend and make a deposit. I was waitlisted from a few schools myself. Once I make a deposit, they will be notified that I was accepted to NYU and will remove me from waitlist from other schools, increasing chances for others. I hope this helps!

Once you are accepted, NYU generally gives you 2 weeks to make the deposit to secure your spot. I heard from other students that other schools will give you less time than that if you are accepted at this time.

Yes, a letter of intent/interest is a good idea. You want to show them you are still interested and why you’re interested. Also, maybe add what you can provide to the school if accepted

Congrats! Did you do anything to get off the waitlist?
Yeah, I made appointments for virtual meetings every other week and sent several application updates. The main goal was trying to express my interest and commitment to the school. If you got an interview you definitely have good enough stats, so now they just want to be 100% sure you'd accept an offer from them.

Yeah, I made appointments for virtual meetings every other week and sent several application updates. The main goal was trying to express my interest and commitment to the school. If you got an interview you definitely have good enough stats, so now they just want to be 100% sure you'd accept an offer from them.
Would you mind telling us more about the virtual visits? Are you essentially telling them more about your application? Is it more of a Q&A? Or do you ask for application feedback? I've uploaded various things to the portal and called a few times, but I haven't tried this yet!

Would you mind telling us more about the virtual visits? Are you essentially telling them more about your application? Is it more of a Q&A? Or do you ask for application feedback? I've uploaded various things to the portal and called a few times, but I haven't tried this yet!
Virtual visits can essentially be treated as a more formal phone call, as they do not really know you or your application, but you can discuss whatever you want with them, and they can add notes to your file. During my visits I would just talk about my application updates.

I did interview yesterday (04/13) and I'm afraid there will be no more interview in this cycle since there were no more dates available when I chose the interview date

I did interview yesterday (04/13) and I'm afraid there will be no more interview in this cycle since there were no more dates available when I chose the interview date
I’m not sure if that’s true considering they release a certain amount of days per wave of interviews. I may be wrong but my application is still under review and they told me today to continue checking for updates. I may also be in denial; all plausible.

I’m not sure if that’s true considering they release a certain amount of days per wave of interviews. I may be wrong but my application is still under review and they told me today to continue checking for updates. I may also be in denial; all plausible.
I hope this is the case, the Admissions Office told me they would continue doing interviews til the end of April so Im sure they still will

If you don't mind, when did you receive an interview invite?

So I did my interview on 3/30 and got my acceptance from the school on 4/7. I got my interview invite on 3/15 and I was only able to choose the dates from 3/28, 3/29, 3/30. I could not even see or choose the dates from April. I think they only allow you to pick certain dates for the interview so if people start receiving interview invites now, I assume they will only able to pick certain dates 2 weeks from now. At least that is what I think.

So I did my interview on 3/30 and got my acceptance from the school on 4/7. I got my interview invite on 3/15 and I was only able to choose the dates from 3/28, 3/29, 3/30. I could not even see or choose the dates from April. I think they only allow you to pick certain dates for the interview so if people start receiving interview invites now, I assume they will only able to pick certain dates 2 weeks from now. At least that is what I think.
I received an interview invite on 4/4 and the dates available were 4/7, 4/8, and 4/12 so I think it’s happening a little quicker right now since it’s so late in the cycle. I still haven’t heard back since my interview on 4/7 but I was told they would let me know within 2 weeks

I got my acceptance 2 days ago 😊 I interviewed on March 31st

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on 4/6 and got an acceptance on 4/14

Reactions: 2 users
Oh I think you are right :thumbup: I chose the last day available which was 04/13 and I thought like I might be the last one to interview

Is anyone's app still in review? What can you do in your gap year instead of taking masters?