NYU Interview/Acceptance...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sackof

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to know if anyone that interviewed at NYU during Febraury has heard their decision yet....? How long after your interview did it take you to hear?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
eamonmon, you seem to have interviewd at NYU, what are your stats??

I interviewed on Feb 27th and received this acceptance email on March 6th (exactly one week after my interview):

Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that the admissions committee is extending an offer of admissions to you for the class entering in September, 2006. You will receive details in the mail.

Have a wonderful day!

Novella L. Jones
Assistant Dean
Student Affairs and Admissions

MarioMatty said:
I interviewed on Feb 27th and received this acceptance email on March 6th (exactly one week after my interview):

Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that the admissions committee is extending an offer of admissions to you for the class entering in September, 2006. You will receive details in the mail.

Have a wonderful day!

Novella L. Jones
Assistant Dean
Student Affairs and Admissions

congrats mario... see u in the fall, unless u decide not to enroll...

gel1681 said:
congrats mario... see u in the fall, unless u decide not to enroll...

anyone know why we only have approx. one week time to respond to the acceptance offer? Doesn't this violate guidelines agreed upon by all schools?

hey mariomatty..... you mind sharing your stats?

also, alphabet when did you interview and when did you hear back?

there has to be more of you outthere...

NYU is the only other university that called me for an interview (in April). Do you successful guys out there have any tips for me??? :oops:

fleur delacour said:
NYU is the only other university that called me for an interview (in April). Do you successful guys out there have any tips for me??? :oops:

I just received an interview invite via email. It stated a letter was also mailed.

Do you think this is for an alternate spot only? It just seems really late in the cycle.

has anyone been waitlisted at NYU?

NYU is not anywhere near full, so you are interviewing for a spot in the class, not an alternate. There is NO waiting list for NYU yet. I received this info from a member of their adcom. Their second deposit is due May 1st at which time even more spots will open up. Congrats on your interview, and good luck! Hang in there, guys, we still could have a chance at NYU :thumbup:

Sackof said:
has anyone been waitlisted at NYU?

how long ago did you get your info from the "member of the adcom?"