NYU interview invitation - 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey bdds girl ,
ur stats r real good....im sure ull get a call soon....i think it's coz we applied late ...u applied in dec rite ? i applied in nov...so i guess thats we have to wait longer... but hopefully the wait will be fruitful.. just have faith i guess !

Hey Bookwormdoc,

Thank you.....Yes I know we applied late and that is why we have to wait for so long.....But I think that is all we can do....just wait and watch.....I guess like all of you , I am also checking my e-mail like a million times in a day.........

But lets hope for the best.......

Members don't see this ad.

anybody gets a call today..........please keep posting...........:xf:

anybody gets a call today..........please keep posting...........:xf:

No calls yet.... I got aplication complete email on 25th n no hear from them aftr that. Really scared. God knows whats going to happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it right that nyu has already called all students and rest will be called if someone will leave place? so confused

Thanx smyl and tania suri, now I can atleast hope for call.:xf:

any iv call today????????????:bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when to lose hope??? in other words when do they stop calling for interviews....i'm dying. :xf:

does anyone know when to lose hope??? in other words when do they stop calling for interviews....i'm dying. :xf:

Nothing in this world is worth dying for.....Just sit back and relax....Samay se pehle ,kismet se jyaada na kabhi ksi ko mila hai na kabhi milega!!
:)

Nothing in this world is worth dying for.....Just sit back and relax....Samay se pehle ,kismet se jyaada na kabhi ksi ko mila hai na kabhi milega!!
:)
That is so true! There is a time for everything.And all the best to all including me who are waiting for that magical tring tring!

has anyone called them up and asked them abt interviews ?
they dont seem to be replying to emails...

let all the waiting people post the stat , so we know how it goes .

Add me too, am waiting for IV call too! so tiring and frustrating..:mad:

Hi,
I applied in early nov.& still waiting for a call! I know many people who applied later did get interview calls,but are there anybody like me who are still waiting for a call? I'm still desperately waiting!!:(

My frd too applied in december has got in but i applied in july/august wen they updated their website, but no call, i don't think there is any criteria of early application as last yr i app in nov and got call too.:(

i feel bad about bugging them because i know their constantly getting calls but i found out my app was complete..hopefully i will get a late interview..I am dreading another application cycle.

I don't see NYU are calling now a days. i guess they are waiting for the current IV cycle to finish before they send the next round of invites.

any calls today????

Hi everyone,

From what I got to know from a friend who got acceptance---the deadline for all those accepted into the program so far, to send in their 'initial deposit' is 26th of February. Maybe after that date they will have a better idea of who is going to come and who is not; since people who have been accepted to other schools are not going to pay the deposit. So I am guessing we will have the next round of interviews out some time soon.

Have patience and Good luck. We will get our chance soon.:thumbup::xf:

Thank you Very much for the information pandu!

Hi everyone,

From what I got to know from a friend who got acceptance---the deadline for all those accepted into the program so far, to send in their 'initial deposit' is 26th of February. Maybe after that date they will have a better idea of who is going to come and who is not; since people who have been accepted to other schools are not going to pay the deposit. So I am guessing we will have the next round of interviews out some time soon.

Have patience and Good luck. We will get our chance soon.:thumbup::xf:

Hi,
What Pandu mentioned could be correct and it does give people like me a ray of hope.I dont know much abt the admission process,but my question is --for those seats to be filled ,won't they be calling people from the waitlist?Or will they send new invitations?

I haven't received an invitation yet,eagerly waiting for one, but as time passes getting anxious.Good luck to all who are waiting!

Hi,
What Pandu mentioned could be correct and it does give people like me a ray of hope.I dont know much abt the admission process,but my question is --for those seats to be filled ,won't they be calling people from the waitlist?Or will they send new invitations?

I haven't received an invitation yet,eagerly waiting for one, but as time passes getting anxious.Good luck to all who are waiting!

Hi,
I called the university today and asked them the same question. They said that that they will send out more invites soon. So keep up your hopes. We are all in the same boat. We can't lose hope now; that's what keeps us going.:thumbup:

Hi All,
I think they are still sending the IV invitations , because one of my friend told me they are interviewing current batch until Feb 25th after that they will send other invitations.

So don't lose hopes...

Any luck for
NBDE part I : 86
TOEFL : 94
GPA : 3.79
Exp: 3 years
MS in US

Thanks

HI!!!:hello:

Anybody who has gone to the interview, can you please tell me the type of questions they ask? Thanks:xf:

hi dobe....the interview at nyu is very pleasant...don't get nervous..as it won't help....they ask only personal questions like...why nyu?..work experience?...they will ask you more regarding the things that you have written in your caapid application...so make sure you know how to answer questions regarding your strenght and your weakness...all the best..

Anybody who has gone to the interview, can you please tell me the type of questions they ask? Thanks:xf:

As dentist34 said the interview at NYU is pleasant & straightforward.Do go through the questions in the interview feedback section on SDN. Also read up on the school there is a ton of information on NYU website.Good Luck with your interview. :)

Hi
I was interviewed on 16 feb..was really cool but they asked so many question on my gpa...why low grades on this subject like that...so be prepeared for that..my gpa was 3.23..and other normal que like why nyu...why should we choose u above other candidates,community work,research work,hobbies etc..sdn thread for nyu iterview will help you...

Hi
I was interviewed on 16 feb..was really cool but they asked so many question on my gpa...why low grades on this subject like that...so be prepeared for that..my gpa was 3.23..and other normal que like why nyu...why should we choose u above other candidates,community work,research work,hobbies etc..sdn thread for nyu iterview will help you...

Hi Kim Kim,
Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. I actually have the same problem of low GPA, and I do not really understand the question-'why low GPA??' I cannot ask you to provide me with the answer but, would it be okay for me to ask what is expected from such a question; what information are we supposed to be telling them???
Thank you.

Hi

Thank you sooo much!!!!:)

As dentist34 said the interview at NYU is pleasant & straightforward.Do go through the questions in the interview feedback section on SDN. Also read up on the school there is a ton of information on NYU website.Good Luck with your interview. :)

Great, Thank you. I am more relaxed now:thumbup:

hi dobe....the interview at nyu is very pleasant...don't get nervous..as it won't help....they ask only personal questions like...why nyu?..work experience?...they will ask you more regarding the things that you have written in your caapid application...so make sure you know how to answer questions regarding your strenght and your weakness...all the best..

Thank you. I have my application and have read it many times. Also read again and again my reference letters. I hope for the best :luck:

Anybody has idea wen will they send more i/v calls?

Hi Kim Kim,
Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. I actually have the same problem of low GPA, and I do not really understand the question-'why low GPA??' I cannot ask you to provide me with the answer but, would it be okay for me to ask what is expected from such a question; what information are we supposed to be telling them???
Thank you.

like if u have f(fail) grade in any subject then be prep for good answer like some family problem or some other thing which is convening to them...or may be could not understand that subject nicely but later did well...answer for one or two que then be silent or try to answer tricky so they can start with another question...

still no callssssssss!!!!
please post if someone gets a call today!:xf: