NYU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellowt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an offer for an interview today. Just wondering if anyone knows if they are interviewing for the alternate list and if I should go? Thanks.

3.39 GPA, 20 Sci 21 AA 23 PAT
Waitlisted at BU, Tufts, and Pitts

Members don't see this ad.

They are probably interviewing for actual positions in the class. When I interviewed on April 17th, it was for actual seats and not the alternate list. If you haven't gotten in anywhere else or just want to go to NYU, then it's a no-brainer. When I went to the interview, I had very little hope just because I figured they were probably nearly full, but I had a great interview and fortunately I was accepted. So go!

your stats look pretty good, i'm surprised you didnt get into those schools that waitlisted you. when did you start applying to schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, waitlisted in so many schools. never seen that before :smuggrin:

I sent in my app on June 1st but didn't take my DAT until Sept 7 and first interview was with Pitt in October. Then I got USC, UCSF, BU, and Tufts interviews in Jan and Feb. I think I applied late and my volunteering was so-so. I was also waitlisted at Creighton until they rejected me. Hopefully NYU accepts me but if not I'm reapplying with even more dental experience and with everything set to go!! Goodluck everyone who is in the same boat as me. So close but just not quite in the door. I'm going to blast down those doors this 2nd time around. :D

Congrats on the interview offer... I got an email from them as well yesterday.

But I'm not sure if I want to live in NY for four years.
And I'll have to spend $500 just to fly out there to interview.

Go to the interview. Theyre still accepting spots for the class. I interviewed May 20th, so its definately not too late yet.

mellowt said:
Got an offer for an interview today. Just wondering if anyone knows if they are interviewing for the alternate list and if I should go? Thanks.

3.39 GPA, 20 Sci 21 AA 23 PAT
Waitlisted at BU, Tufts, and Pitts
I received an email for interview invitation yesterday as well......It took them 7 months, but hopefully it'll work out.

anyone knows when is the last day they send out interview invites? I haven't heard form USC since I applied last year...