NYUCD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalala4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does everyone actually get into NYUCD? Or are the chances high because of large class.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t say “everyone” gets into NYU or that it’s any easier to get into NYU than other dental school. The average DAT among attendees is 21 lol, not 15 like some people seem to think. I also know people who’ve interviewed at Harvard and not at NYU.

Reactions: 1 user
lol ppl get interviewed at Harvard and not NYU bc NYU probably knows that those ppl will most likely not attend NYU--aka, they're too qualified.

It's the idea that an applicant is so good and will probably have an abundance of choices, so some schools don't interview or hold off on accepting.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bruh no, the AA for NYU is actually above average, it's 21.2. Most schools are around 20.

They had 3357 applicants for 373 seats. We don't know how many applicants got accepted, but I'm sure it's not more than 500. So no, not everyone gets in lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Bruh no, the AA for NYU is actually above average, it's 21.2. Most schools are around 20.

They had 3357 applicants for 373 seats. We don't know how many applicants got accepted, but I'm sure it's not more than 500. So no, not everyone gets in lmao

In 2016 they accepted 664 applicants out of 4,446 or 14.9% of applicants. Compared to buffalo with 167/1809 or 9.2%.

So NYU doesn’t accept *everyone* but you’re 1.5x as likely to get into it than a NY state school if you’re IS.

In 2016 they accepted 664 applicants out of 4,446 or 14.9% of applicants. Compared to buffalo with 167/1809 or 9.2%.

So NYU doesn’t accept *everyone* but you’re 1.5x as likely to get into it than a NY state school if you’re IS.

Where did you get the accepted numbers?

Even with a 15% acceptance rate, NYU is far from a safety school, which is what OP is implying. This isn’t undergrad, there’s no safety schools.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

lol ppl get interviewed at Harvard and not NYU bc NYU probably knows that those ppl will most likely not attend NYU--aka, they're too qualified.

It's the idea that an applicant is so good and will probably have an abundance of choices, so some schools don't interview or hold off on accepting.

My point is that it’s not a safety

If they have 373 seats I’m sure they have to accept more than twice that many people. It is well-known that more than half will decline once they get into cheaper schools. Yeah but I agree this ain’t undergrad, there is no such thing as safety schools in the world of dental application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does everyone actually get into NYUCD? Or are the chances high because of large class.

Yes, and they cover the expenses of the interview's trip and the hotel !