OEC 9800 vs 9600

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walterhall

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I met with a rep today about C-arms... she is trying to upsell to a 9800 from the 9600 that we discussed on the phone.

I only have experience with the 9600 and the 9900, not the 9800.

Does anyone know if it is worth the extra $30000 to get the 9800? I can't believe that the quality is so far superior to cost almost double.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

9800 tends to be newer technology. Easily put, I'd say it's difference between getting a 95 Cavalier and 2000 Cobalt. I loved my 95 cavalier and if I maintained well, it'd still be running but 2000+ cobalt would have newer engine and parts with probably few new perks.

However, if you're going to spend extra to get 9800, I usually suggest looking into a brand new C-Arm at same price range. It's not going to be a popular OEC models but it does the job and has full manufacturer's support.

Long story short, if you want to save $$, go with 9600. It's a great, low cost solution. If you can spend a bit more, compare 9800 and other new C-Arms, like ZEN-7000.
And whatever you do, make sure your new equipment is supported well. Btw, I can get you any of these C-Arms.