OEC Brivio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

powermd

Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience using this c-arm?

We're considering a replacement for our Comed 950 (about 5 years old). It broke down and so far our local rads guy can't figure out what's wrong.

One major concern with the Brivio is only 110 kvp. We need at least 120 kvp for our fatties.

Members don't see this ad.

Brivo is stationary anode. It's like a getting a Fiat or Mini. Sure, it looks fancy (since it has OEC name) but you're getting what you pay for. If you're expecting regular BMW sedan because it's same company, you'll be disappointed.

And YES, having that 120kV is VERY IMPORTANT!

Unless you're only dealing with super skinny patient groups, which doesn't sound like, go with rotating anode. Either Genoray or refurb 9800 will be in similar price range. (or 9600 if on tight budget)
Contact me if you want a quote.

Just an attempt at resurrecting this thread. Im in the market for a C-arm looking at refubished Pulsera and OEC, sales guy has recommended this Brivio unit but I'm not convinced that it is sufficient. Was wondering if anyone has tried/purchased the Brivio and their thoughts? Or is the consensus still the same - underpowered for office based basic injections?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just went through this with GE at least. I was looking at a refurbished 9900 instead of new. The GE guy said the 9900 will have all the new software updates and they replace EVERYTHING! (except the tube, which was vocalized softly and quickly). The price was only a few grand less than new. They could not tell me how many hours the tube was used because the counter records the time the machine was powered on, not used for fluoro. If the tube wasn't replaced, it would be almost mandatory to buy the warranty program that has glass coverage, which is damn expensive, which would make it more costly than a new one.

Not a comment about this Brivio specifically but going for refurbished is a risk for GE at least

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't even gotten to those questions with the refurb dealer. But he refurbished machines come with a 1 year parts and labor warranty so I would think problems should come up within that period most of the time?

So with potential breakage with a refurb makes a good argument to get a new Brivio for 60k for reliability but who knows hid the imaging is sufficient?