OER/AER guidance needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lagamorpha53

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

a silly and rather trivial question but since my advisor is not very helpful, I am hoping someone here can be.

As an HPSP student, I am being asked to write some bullets on my contributions and accomplishments, etc in "military bullet form" using "militarily appropriate language" as my advisor put it. I have not been to officer school yet and have not found any samples online. If anyone can give give my some guidance and/or an example of how to word my bullets, I would sure be very grateful!

Thank you very much!

Lee

Members don't see this ad.

lagamorpha53 said:
Hello all,

a silly and rather trivial question but since my advisor is not very helpful, I am hoping someone here can be.

As an HPSP student, I am being asked to write some bullets on my contributions and accomplishments, etc in "military bullet form" using "militarily appropriate language" as my advisor put it. I have not been to officer school yet and have not found any samples online. If anyone can give give my some guidance and/or an example of how to word my bullets, I would sure be very grateful!

Thank you very much!

Lee

HPSP OER's are not that important and should be kept simple and "bottom line up front."
For example, if your responsibility was to improve your H&P skills, then say that I improved my H&P skills. Or, "learned procedures and SOPs of MTF OR." Then you can add the other stuff, like supported the Commander's safety policy, EEO, etc.
A problem a lot of people get into is trying to make it sound bureaucratic. THen the OER loses its value and no one reads it.

But, you did remind me we need a OER thread on bad ones.