Off Topic mood lightening. What music are you randomly into right NOW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mandelin Rain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope that this is okay with the moderation team. I thought the board could use some lighthearted banter among all the gloom-and-doom and argumentative posts (mine included).

The board seemed *almost* unified on the collective love of ethnic food. So, what about another innocuous topic: Music.

For me, I have rediscovered Mazzy Star and it's better 20+ years later. Not exactly lighthearted music, but damn good.

Look on Down From the Bridge

Into Dust

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Love mazzy Star, haven't heard into dust or fall into you in awhile. Good reminder.

When contouring or at the gym, I'm a big fan of electronic/EDM, most stuff the 80s, and soundtrack/trailer music [have been listening to audiomachine (Not the 90s band!), two steps from hell, and really slow motion, also love stuff from Hans zimmer]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I read that as Planet Caravan which is low key one of my favorite Black Sabbath songs. Suffice to say it was very different :p

Typical contouring may be a rando Trip Hop mix, but lately I've been into some Cuban/Bossanova/Rude Boy Ska type music after finding a playlist on Spotify called something like Harvest Moon Pool Party

I love 80s and 90s tunes. However, I work out on a Peloton which as exposed me to a lot more contemporary music. I find that I surprisingly like songs by Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Drake, Nicki Minaj, etc.

Been considering the Tread but a huge expense to pull the trigger on. Are the classes high quality?

Stairmill or bust for me

stairmaster_7000pt.jpg

The Peloton was a life changer for my wife and me. We both had multiple gym memberships and suffered from the usual problem of going regularly for a few months then falling off the wagon.

I've been able to workout regularly (x5 times per week on average) on the Peloton. The instructors are awesome, varied (you will find 3 or 4 that really speak to your style), and motivating. I've had it for 2.5 years - never have I had so much consistency in an exercise product.

Also, the classes are available live (better if you are on East Coast as studio is in Manhattan) and on-demand. I always use the latter and can squeeze in a class after kids go to sleep.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Kanye's new gospel album for me. I approve.

On another "lighter" note, I just realized last month that I make "swoopy" noises in my head when I'm moving the cursor around while contouring. Anyone else do this, or am I flying solo here?

• Wow
  • Haha
Kanye's new gospel album for me. I approve.

On another "lighter" note, I just realized last month that I make "swoopy" noises in my head when I'm moving the cursor around while contouring. Anyone else do this, or am I flying solo here?

Man I had that album on loop when I was preparing for clinic yesterday. I neither listen to gospel, nor attend any religious congregation.

Strong work, Kanye. Strong work.

I must be getting old. The piano is soothing my soul

Here is what I am listening too:

Ok, I'd hate to admit it, but I like these nerdy pieces below as well.

(Castlevania SOTN music was so good)

(This piece makes me regret not learning the piano like my mother told me too)

(True nerds will love this!)

• Love
The Peloton was a life changer for my wife and me. We both had multiple gym memberships and suffered from the usual problem of going regularly for a few months then falling off the wagon.

I've been able to workout regularly (x5 times per week on average) on the Peloton. The instructors are awesome, varied (you will find 3 or 4 that really speak to your style), and motivating. I've had it for 2.5 years - never have I had so much consistency in an exercise product.

Also, the classes are available live (better if you are on East Coast as studio is in Manhattan) and on-demand. I always use the latter and can squeeze in a class after kids go to sleep.

Ditto for us except I got at treadmill. I hate stationary bikes and I don't know why because I love biking outside. I didn't opt for the peloton because I didn't feel like I needed the instruction but I was pretty athletic pre-medicine. Having the damn thing in the basement has exponentially increased my ability to work out.

I also ditto your music comment above. My wife had us joint orange theory a couple years back and I was surprised how catchy some of the new age crap that would otherwise stimulate a severe allergic reaction to CNVIII can be when your working out. It really expanded my musical horizons. I still think great music stopped being produced around 2000 but can still get into more of the modern stuff than I did.

Listening to a little LIZZO now. Saw her in concert recently and was blown away. One of the Top 5 shows I've seen.

I was listening to some Wu Tang solo joints myself yesterday. Ghostface is my favorite.