Offer Rescinded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toastybread

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm at a loss for words. And I'm trying not to panic because this has to be a mistake. Right?

I sent in my deposit around December 27th and received confirmation via mail that it was received. I completed my background check in early January - it was clean. I've completed all of the coursework I said I would, with the exception of a half credit dance class, but they were informed about that on my interview day - I even watched the interviewer make a note about it on my file and she said it was no big deal.

Despite all of that, my AADSAS Portal says my offer was rescinded on Jan 4. I sent them an email just now so hopefully I'll get an answer sometime soon.

But seriously guys, I need help/advice here. Anything. There is no way I'm getting ANY sleep tonight until this is sorted out. If they are serious about this then I'm not going to dental school this Fall because I've only sent in ONE deposit and I turned down everyone else.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow. What an awful situation! Words fail.

There has GOT to be more to this story than you are letting on?

What school (don't have to answer if you feel uncomfortable getting too specific)?

How did you just find out about it today, I mean the 4th was awhile ago?

Did you s t r e t c h any truths in your application and perhaps they discovered this between your offer and the 4th?

Wow. I can't imagine the horror if this really is the whole story...I don't know how many days it would take for my mind to be so tired it would be able to rest/ sleep...in the meantime please seek out comfort and solidarity in the company of trusted family/ friends!

*quietly dashes over to AADSAS portal to triple check his own school status' for the third time in the last 24 hours*

Last edited:
I'm at a loss for words. And I'm trying not to panic because this has to be a mistake. Right?

I sent in my deposit around December 27th and received confirmation via mail that it was received. I completed my background check in early January - it was clean. I've completed all of the coursework I said I would, with the exception of a half credit dance class, but they were informed about that on my interview day - I even watched the interviewer make a note about it on my file and she said it was no big deal.

Despite all of that, my AADSAS Portal says my offer was rescinded on Jan 4. I sent them an email just now so hopefully I'll get an answer sometime soon.

But seriously guys, I need help/advice here. Anything. There is no way I'm getting ANY sleep tonight until this is sorted out. If they are serious about this then I'm not going to dental school this Fall because I've only sent in ONE deposit and I turned down everyone else.

This is something you should call and not e-mail... Did you receive an official notice directly from the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt. I checked AADSAS just for kicks. I seriously think this has to be a mistake. There is NOTHING that I can think of that I missed. I signed the right forms and mailed them in with the deposit and I got Confirmation Mail from USPS (as Pitt requested). It was signed by someone from Admissions. I just don't understand and I'm on the verge of hysterics djkfadkjf

This is something you should call and not e-mail... Did you receive an official notice directly from the school?

I'm going to call first thing in the morning. No official notice of a rescinded offer from the school besides the AADSAS portal.

That's insane. But there is really nothing you can do tonight. Just try to stay calm and call your school up first thing in the morning. It's probably a mistake if you haven't had any actual correspondence from the school itself.

Oh no...this is one of my worst nightmares!

My suggestion would be to email them right now. I'd probably set up a Boomerang on GMAIL for like 7.15am, so they receive the email and can call you if they'd like, or if they don't, then you can wake up and call. This is a horrible situation and hopefully someone just pressed something accidentally...best of luck!!! I hope it works out for you tomorrow!

Has to be a mistake...probably selected the wrong option, especially if they didn't let you know about it! Don't stress!

omg has to be a mistake..
you did not fail any classes after you get an acceptance yeah?

It is deff a mistake! Pitt did some weird thing on my account too when I cancelled the interview I had with them scheduled for today lol It says application fee not paid in supplementary section and offer declined in the decisions. It should have been withdrew before action. I hope everything turns out well! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
has to be a mistake! I'm dying to know, let us know after you call!

You poor thing. I believe it must be a mistake. How could they rescind an offer without contacting you first?? That is so disrespectful and irresponsible!!

Best of luck! Def one of my worst nightmares!

Try not to stress - it is probably just an input error if you've done everything properly as you say. I saw this on SDN once before, but I couldn't find it so I just did a google search. Below are the ADEA instructions for updating the portal.

There are 13 Admission Status codes. Each school has a specific description for their code which is indicated in the Admission Status column. Only the most recent admission status code – as supplied by the dental school – appears.
1. Received/Under Review
2. Received/Waiting Additional Info
3. Received/Application Complete
4. Application Denied
5. Invited for Interview
6. Withdrew Before Action
7. Offer Made
8. Wait Listed
9. Offer Accepted
10. Offer Declined
11. Offer Rescinded by School
12. Applicant Matriculated (typically reported at end of application cycle)
13. Withdrew after Matriculation (typically reported at end of application cycle)

Maybe they typed '11' instead of '9', or '12' if you've already graduated?

They weren't spectacular but they weren't bad either - 3.41 for the semester and my low grade (a B) was in philosophy.

I called the office but I don't think anyone's there yet. Heading to class now so I'll try again at noon :(

IT WAS A MISTAKE! I am super duper relieved ahhh they said they don't know how it happened but my offer of acceptance was definitely NOT rescinded.

Thank you for all the support! It really helped when I was down in the dumps =) I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!!

Sorry that happened buddy! Glad it's over! They should throw you a small scholarship for that one lol!

Wow I was nervous for you; the stuff of nightmares.

Glad it all worked out!!!..that really had me shook just reading it

IT WAS A MISTAKE! I am super duper relieved ahhh they said they don't know how it happened but my offer of acceptance was definitely NOT rescinded.

Thank you for all the support! It really helped when I was down in the dumps =) I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I was scared you were toast man! Haha see u in the fall

So glad to hear! I can't imagine what your night was like!

I am glad I read this thread today instead of yesterday so I didn't have to feel so stressed for you, glad to see you are good to go!

I'm so glad to hear it was a mistake! WHEW! :thumbup:

Phew! That's terrible that this error occurred for you, but I'm glad this story had a happy ending!

Happy I read this just now and not before. I would have been so stressed out, haha.