Official 2012-2013 GI fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No rejections for me too.

Members don't see this ad.

It has been so quite. I already have friends that have multiple IVS and some have gone to interviews this week (Endo). GI and cards seems to be the 2 fields that are taking their time with IVs/rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received one from them yet, but probably just a matter of hours to days...

Rejected from Mayo Clinic Rochester too

Is anyone else still awaiting for their first invite??

no interviews yet. have applied to 34 prog, 2 publications, 2 poster presentation, 3 ongoing prospective studies, good letters (i hope), cheif resident, no visa requirement, all steps >220, BUT I AM A IMG. Thats the thing bringing me down the most. Has any IMG gotten IVs. What else do you need to get as many calls as you guys have. What do you guys do!!!! congrats to everyone

Any one got a generic reply email from Henry Ford today?? It says the decision will be made by Aug 17th.

Got Indiana University and Wake Forest interview invites today

which one?

Mayo Rochester.

Btw, I have another question - if the program did not specify on their website, did you still send them med school transcripts and MSPE or did you only send those to the ones that asked?

I just sent everything...I don't know if that was the right strategy or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch, first rejection - from Vanderbilt
"thank you for applying to our program and we look forward to your
applying next year.":scared:
Hope they find a better way to end their rejection letter and hopefully I won't be in a position to see it

no interviews yet. have applied to 34 prog, 2 publications, 2 poster presentation, 3 ongoing prospective studies, good letters (i hope), cheif resident, no visa requirement, all steps >220, BUT I AM A IMG. Thats the thing bringing me down the most. Has any IMG gotten IVs. What else do you need to get as many calls as you guys have. What do you guys do!!!! congrats to everyone

I am an IMG with no need for a visa. I don't know the answer, but I did apply to considerably more programs. Good Luck!!!!!

Rejections from Vanderbilt & Mayo. @ Sid 2012. Same here . Everything positive except I' m an IMG. Who knows?? Hopefully, there will be some good news next week. Hang in there frens!!!!

did anyone hear from any of the NYC / NJ / DC / PA / MD programs yet?? i haven't seen any invites from those states.

Yea seems like american medical graduates are screened first, and rejections are slowly given out. Then later on if they have room they will interview IMGs. Unless there like IBDoutcomes who has a profile> the GI fellowship director themselves.

Yea seems like american medical graduates are screened first, and rejections are slowly given out. Then later on if they have room they will interview IMGs. Unless there like IBDoutcomes who has a profile> the GI fellowship director themselves.

Think that is the process happening to IMGs (myself included) where calls are happening a week or so after some of the other AMGs on the site have received the invites.

Maybe to be expected given the huge number of applications for GI spots at each program with many of them quality AMGs.

Last edited:
Vandy reject! First of season! Wake forest interview though so not a total loss.

Not true, because I'm an AMG without any invites yet. My stats are probably comparable to IBDoutcomes, only that I have 8 peer-reviewed publications (6 first author, 2 second author). That's not including my posters.

I think we just need to be patient. Next week will really be the start of the process, when August 15 swings around. That's the app deadline for several big places, including Cleveland Clinic.

Hey guys - which programs allow you to apply for BOTH clinical and research tracks. Cos I know that although there are many programs that show both tracks on ERAS, they specify on their website to only pick one. Maybe someone can summarize which programs want you to pick just one vs which allow both. Thanks

Hey guys - which programs allow you to apply for BOTH clinical and research tracks. Cos I know that although there are many programs that show both tracks on ERAS, they specify on their website to only pick one. Maybe someone can summarize which programs want you to pick just one vs which allow both. Thanks
When the programs specify on their website that you should pick one, they mean that you should have your clear goal about track you want to pursue. If you still want to pick both, you can, but there is a very rare chance that you will be called for both. What I have heard that there is more chance of rejection for both of them, unless your CV is super.

When the programs specify on their website that you should pick one, they mean that you should have your clear goal about track you want to pursue. If you still want to pick both, you can, but there is a very rare chance that you will be called for both. What I have heard that there is more chance of rejection for both of them, unless your CV is super.

To clarify - you have heard that the chances of rejection are increased if you select both?

Anyone received an email from Baylor (Houston) regarding the clinical vs. research track interest?

That's not completely true. There are few programs that specify that you need to pick one. Hopkins and Penn are two programs that require you to pick only one. Maryland says that you can apply to both if you are interested in them

did anyone hear from any of the NYC / NJ / DC / PA / MD programs yet?? i haven't seen any invites from those states.

I applied to the northeastern programs (+ Chicago and Boston) as well and haven't heard from any of them! Frustrating...seems like only St Lukes-Roosevelt has corresponded

I'm checking my email like every 15 minutes. I don't remember being like this while waiting to hear about residency interviews 3 years ago. This is so anxiety-provoking.

Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte today

Pretty quiet for me for the last week or so, but know someone who got a Vandy interview today.

Nice. Just got rejection from University of Washington!!

Nice. Just got rejection from University of Washington!!

Me too.
Do you think that when they write "even though your application was a strong one" that's just a completely generic statement, and even if our application was absolutely weak we would still get the same statement?
Getting a little anxious.

I am sure its generic- not to make you feel bad. It was a good denial letter!