*~*Official 2013-2014 PharmCAS Thread!*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question about submitting the PharmCAS. Does all the material have to be received by PharmCAS before submitting the application?

- No, it's ok for things such as letters of recommendation, and test scores to be pending.

Also, how long does it take to process paper letter recommendations?

- Depending on when the recommender completes and mails it out it could take a weeks to be received by PharmCAS.

Another question, if we submit it to one school whose deadline is early but we want to change it for other schools, can we do that (if there deadline is later?)?

- I'm not sure if I understand what exactly you are asking? If you are talking about the recommendation then NO once recommendations are submitted they can't be traded out. You are allowed to submit up to 4 letters of recommendation into PharmCAS. You could call the individual schools and ask about substituting letters but that's not something that's typically done.

Hope this helps :) .

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

For the coursework, I know it says to enter "the courses in the order in which they appear on your transcript." Though, for my AP credits, I do not have a grade that can be entered as any of the options on PharmCAS! It says "T" as a grade (I don't know what it stands for), and I got credits for each test. What does one do if they took APs? :confused:

- It could possibly mean "transfer" if you received the credit from another school. Isn't there a numerical value associated with your test score on a scale of 1-5 when you take those tests? If so wouldn't you just convert it to the letter grade associated with it?

Hope this information helps :) .

I totally forgot to put in my AP grades and PharmCAS actually added them in. The grade entered by them shows Grade: CR Pharmcas Grade: "None" and I think it just showed "S" on my transcript.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For the coursework, I know it says to enter "the courses in the order in which they appear on your transcript." Though, for my AP credits, I do not have a grade that can be entered as any of the options on PharmCAS! It says "T" as a grade (I don't know what it stands for), and I got credits for each test. What does one do if they took APs? :confused:

- It could possibly mean "transfer" if you received the credit from another school. Isn't there a numerical value associated with your test score on a scale of 1-5 when you take those tests? If so wouldn't you just convert it to the letter grade associated with it?

Hope this information helps :) .

I totally forgot to put in my AP grades and PharmCAS actually added them in. The grade entered by them shows Grade: CR Pharmcas Grade: "None" and I think it just showed "S" on my transcript.

I am going to merge with the PharmCAS thread. :)

Last edited:
When an application is submitted to a school through pharmcas, how are the courses that have been taken organized for view? Are they are listed out with the semester taken or are they seen in terms of what our schedule was like for that particular semester/quarter (grouped together)?
They are organized a couple different ways for GPA - they look at it by subject and by year. For the actual listing of the courses, when I looked at my PharmCAS application, it is listed by semester taken & by institution. You actually add each institution, then add each semester you took classes. (I went to 3 different local CCs, some of the time concurrently, so my schedule looks kind of wonky some semesters.)

By the way, I am going to merge this with the PharmCAS question thread. :)

I have a question about submitting the PharmCAS. Does all the material have to be received by PharmCAS before submitting the application? Also, how long does it take to process paper letter recommendations? Another question, if we submit it to one school whose deadline is early but we want to change it for other schools, can we do that (if there deadline is later?)?

- I'm not sure if I understand what exactly you are asking? If you are talking about the recommendation then NO once recommendations are submitted they can't be traded out. You are allowed to submit up to 4 letters of recommendation into PharmCAS. You could call the individual schools and ask about substituting letters but that's not something that's typically done.

Hope this helps :) .

KlassyJ's answers are spot on.

PharmCAS mails whatever information they have when the following 3 things have been done:
- Fee paid for at least one school. (You can add more schools later.)
- All required fields in the application have been filled in / checked.
- GPA verification complete, which starts after you submit & can take up to 5 weeks. As a necessary corollary, they do need all transcripts received prior to starting GPA verification.

The following items are mailed with the application if present when the above is complete or forwarded onto your paid schools as they are received if after the initial mailing:
- Test scores (PCAT, TOEFL)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Academic update information (this is a specific period when you get to update grades from Fall semester)

PharmCAS mails once a week. Last year, they mailed everything received up through Thursday evening on the following Monday.

PS, I'm merging this one with the PharmCAS thread too.

I just submitted my application and I was wondering how long it has been taking PharmCAS to verify and send the applications to the schools this year?

If i submit the pharmcas application, what changes can i make on it after submitting. Can i update the hours for extracurricular or work experience. Change the position description?

If i submit the pharmcas application, what changes can i make on it after submitting. Can i update the hours for extracurricular or work experience. Change the position description?

Once you e-submit, I believe the only changes you can make is on your "planned courses" and nothing else. You can try to like PharmCAS on facebook and ask your questions there- they are pretty good at responding back to your questions within a day's time.

You can only edit the following after initially submitting your PharmCAS app:

• Your Account Profile (i.e. your Username, Password, Full Legal Name, etc.)
  • Biographic Information (i.e. Alternate/Prior Name, Permanent Mailing Address, Current Mailing Address, etc.)
  • Evaluator contact information (if the reference was not yet received).
source: https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2013/faq/pcas_general.shtml

Once you e-submit, I believe the only changes you can make is on your "planned courses" and nothing else. You can try to like PharmCAS on facebook and ask your questions there- they are pretty good at responding back to your questions within a day's time.

You can only edit the following after initially submitting your PharmCAS app:

• Your Account Profile (i.e. your Username, Password, Full Legal Name, etc.)
  • Biographic Information (i.e. Alternate/Prior Name, Permanent Mailing Address, Current Mailing Address, etc.)
  • Evaluator contact information (if the reference was not yet received).
source: https://portal.pharmcas.org/applicants2013/faq/pcas_general.shtml

Good answers. :thumbup: I am going to merge this with the PharmCAS thread.

Tried to search for the answer to my question, but had no luck.
I am waiting on one more transcript in order to get my GPA calculated and application through PharmCAS verified. I have the PharmCAS app downloaded on my phone and I
check my status every day. I am starting to see
"missing requirements" under my supplemental materials for certain
schools only through the app on my phone. I am not able to see this logging on the website through my computer. It just tells me that there is no supplemental information avaliable. If anyone knows about this issue and can explain it to me, I would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am having this same issue! I'm really confused about it too. Anyone else?

Tried to search for the answer to my question, but had no luck.
I am waiting on one more transcript in order to get my GPA calculated and application through PharmCAS verified. I have the PharmCAS app downloaded on my phone and I
check my status every day. I am starting to see
"missing requirements" under my supplemental materials for certain
schools only through the app on my phone. I am not able to see this logging on the website through my computer. It just tells me that there is no supplemental information avaliable. If anyone knows about this issue and can explain it to me, I would really appreciate it.

I am having this same issue! I'm really confused about it too. Anyone else?

Merging with PharmCAS thread.

I have a question about the "background" section. "Were you ever the recipient of any action (e.g. a grade lowering penalty, failing grade, dismissal, disqualification, suspension, probation, etc.) by any faculty member, college or university for academic or professional misconduct or unacceptable academic performance?"

I have never been on academic probation or recieved any penalties. But I have recieved two "D"s in college. do I need to acknowledge these grades in this section?

I have a question about the "background" section. "Were you ever the recipient of any action (e.g. a grade lowering penalty, failing grade, dismissal, disqualification, suspension, probation, etc.) by any faculty member, college or university for academic or professional misconduct or unacceptable academic performance?"

I have never been on academic probation or recieved any penalties. But I have recieved two "D"s in college. do I need to acknowledge these grades in this section?

No

I have been working as a payroll assistant (work study/hourly) at Psychiatry department since Sept 2010. Just recently they changed my title as Fiscal Tech 2 to extend by appointment after graduation.

When I enter this work experience in PharmCAS, should I split and enter as two different work experiences or just enter one but only say Fiscal Tech 2?

Thanks!

Remember to sign up for the 2012 PharmCAS Pharmacy School Virtual Fair. It's now less than a week away! The event is free and will be held on October 3rd and 4th. You will be able to learn more about schools, meet and chat with admissions s...taff from over 60 schools, all participate without leaving the comfort of your home. Those who are registered will also be entered into a drawing for one of two $100 iTunes gift cards. Visit www.AACP.CareerEco.net for more information and to register for the event!

Remember to sign up for the 2012 PharmCAS Pharmacy School Virtual Fair. It's now less than a week away! The event is free and will be held on October 3rd and 4th. You will be able to learn more about schools, meet and chat with admissions s...taff from over 60 schools, all participate without leaving the comfort of your home. Those who are registered will also be entered into a drawing for one of two $100 iTunes gift cards. Visit www.AACP.CareerEco.net for more information and to register for the event!

has anyone actually used this? Is it helpful?

Is it at all possible to remove a Letter of Recommendation once it is submitted. I have a STRONG feeling it paint a very good picture of me. Or can I ask the poster to remove it? HELP ME PLEASE. I submitted my application already, but havent had my GPA calculated, PCAT scores anything put in yet.

i submitted mine on 9/15 but it says not mailed yet. i have to call pharmcas and ask why this is. maybe because my gpa is not calculated yet? you aren't allowed to submit your supplemental before your pharmcas application, right?

Hi all,

I submitted my application around three weeks ago. About 30 minutes ago, I received this e-mail from pharmcas:

Your PharmCAS application has been returned to you for editing because you have not entered your coursework correctly in the "College Courses Completed" section. You must list all of your coursework exactly as it is stated on your college transcripts, under the correct semester and year.

**If you, in fact took all of those Advance Placement courses, please provide proof. If you have no proof and you made a mistake by entering them, please delete them.**

Please make all the necessary corrections and e-submit your application back to PharmCAS within 48 hours. Until you re-submit accurate and complete coursework, PharmCAS cannot process your application or forward it to your designated schools.

Thank you,
PharmCAS Staff
-------
I have checked over my coursework multiple times. I entered them according to my transcript and according to the pharmcas coursework instructions. I'm guessing that they are specifically referring to my Advanced Placement courses...but I listed them as they are listed on my unofficial transcript. When I sent my official transcript to pharmcas, my school told me that my test credits should also be visible.

I was wondering if anyone else encountered this problem? How should I send them proof? On their website, pharmcas says "If applying to a pharmacy institution that requires Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), SAT, ACT, GRE or other test scores, arrange for the testing agency to send those scores directly to the school. DO NOT SEND TO PHARMCAS."

So, I'm pretty confused. I posted a message on their facebook and will be calling them tomorrow but if anyone has any advice for me I'd really appreciate it.

i submitted mine on 9/15 but it says not mailed yet. i have to call pharmcas and ask why this is. maybe because my gpa is not calculated yet? you aren't allowed to submit your supplemental before your pharmcas application, right?

I submitted mine on the same day as you. It can take up to five weeks. we are at peak times. i called and the representative there said it would be around mid October before it gets mailed. if everything goes smoothly.

I will be sending my application in in the next 2 weeks.....is this too late? Because most of my schools have a January deadline and one has an early December deadline......I'm asking for my transcripts to be sent this week and that should take up to 5 weeks so by Nov everything should be set right?

Just a reminder that the 2012 PharmCAS Pharmacy School Virtual Fair starts tomorrow! The event is free and will be held on October 3rd and 4th. You will be able to learn more about schools, meet and chat with admissions staff from over 70+ schools, and participate without leaving the comfort of your home. Those who are registered will also be entered into a drawing for one of two $100 iTunes gift cards. Visit www.AACP.CareerEco.net for more information and to register for the event!

It can take up to 5 weeks to verify your transcripts. Verification can't start until the transcripts are received - regardless of when you submitted the application. Once your transcripts are in and verification is finished then you will see your GPAs calculated.

Good luck!

Is it at all possible to remove a Letter of Recommendation once it is submitted. I have a STRONG feeling it paint a very good picture of me. Or can I ask the poster to remove it? HELP ME PLEASE. I submitted my application already, but havent had my GPA calculated, PCAT scores anything put in yet.

If the LOR has been submitted it cannot be retracted by you or by the person who wrote it.

No, you do not need to answer yes to this question unless you received the grades as a punishment for cheating or other unprofessional behavior.

I have been working as a payroll assistant (work study/hourly) at Psychiatry department since Sept 2010. Just recently they changed my title as Fiscal Tech 2 to extend by appointment after graduation.

When I enter this work experience in PharmCAS, should I split and enter as two different work experiences or just enter one but only say Fiscal Tech 2?

Thanks!
Enter it as 2 different experiences so that you can show that you were promoted.

Just a reminder that the 2012 PharmCAS Pharmacy School Virtual Fair starts tomorrow! The event is free and will be held on October 3rd and 4th. You will be able to learn more about schools, meet and chat with admissions staff from over 70+ schools, and participate without leaving the comfort of your home. Those who are registered will also be entered into a drawing for one of two $100 iTunes gift cards. Visit www.AACP.CareerEco.net for more information and to register for the event!

There's still one more day to visit the fair and learn more about pharmacy schools. The event is free and will be held on October 3rd and 4th. You will be able to learn more about schools, meet and chat with admissions staff from over 70+ schools, and participate without leaving the comfort of your home. Those who are registered will also be entered into a drawing for one of two $100 iTunes gift cards. Visit www.AACP.CareerEco.net for more information and to register for the event!

T stands for transfer credit. My school did the same thing with my AP bio (I got a 4). Instead of moving into 200 level classes, they decided it'd be a better idea to make you retake the freshman bio classes. That irked me.

No, you do not need to answer yes to this question unless you received the grades as a punishment for cheating or other unprofessional behavior.

So the same applies even if you got an F? As long as it was a hard earned F and not a punishment F? Just for clarification, I have an F on my transcript (biostats) but I retook the class and got a B. I know both grades will be taken into account when they calculate gpa, but thats not something I need to put down as any kind of special case right? Just explain it in my personal statement?

Last edited:
I haven't completed all of the prerequisites for a school, but plan to in the spring. Do i need to include that in my coursework section (planned)? Even if i'm not sure I'm going to take it during the spring or that summer?

I want to know what my Pharmcas GPA will be. Can I submit my application to one school for $150, see what they calculate, and then apply to additional schools for $50 each? Or will I have to pay the $150 all over again?

i want to know what my pharmcas gpa will be. Can i submit my application to one school for $150, see what they calculate, and then apply to additional schools for $50 each? Or will i have to pay the $150 all over again?

I just want to clarify something about getting my PCAT scores onto my PharmCAS application. I took the PCAT on September 19th so I haven't gotten my official scores on PharmCAS yet, but I clicked yes at the end of the test and got my preliminary scores.

I am assuming that I don't have to do anything special, like manually sending my scores to each of the schools I plan on applying to. Once the Official Tests section shows the date of me taking the PCAT, my scores are linked to my application and I can send the application in and my scores will follow suit. Is this correct?

Hi all, noobie here with a quick question !

Can I e-submit my Pharmcas application even though all my "letters of recommendations" aren't complete yet ? Will my recommenders be allowed to electronically send/upload after my pharmcas has been submitted ?

I just want to clarify something about getting my PCAT scores onto my PharmCAS application. I took the PCAT on September 19th so I haven't gotten my official scores on PharmCAS yet, but I clicked yes at the end of the test and got my preliminary scores.

I am assuming that I don't have to do anything special, like manually sending my scores to each of the schools I plan on applying to. Once the Official Tests section shows the date of me taking the PCAT, my scores are linked to my application and I can send the application in and my scores will follow suit. Is this correct?

Yes I believe so!

Hi all, noobie here with a quick question !

Can I e-submit my Pharmcas application even though all my "letters of recommendations" aren't complete yet ? Will my recommenders be allowed to electronically send/upload after my pharmcas has been submitted ?

That is what I had to do this week and my letter writer sent (or uploaded) the letter a day after I e-submitted. Also, it takes PharmCAS about 5 weeks to verify couses and GPA so you should e-submit as soon as you are done with other parts of application! :)

That is what I had to do this week and my letter writer sent (or uploaded) the letter a day after I e-submitted. Also, it takes PharmCAS about 5 weeks to verify couses and GPA so you should e-submit as soon as you are done with other parts of application! :)

Thanks for the response !!

Hello.
1)I would like to know what information to give my recommenders in order for them to send the letters to PharmCAS (assuming PharmCAS is where they are supposed to be sent).
2)Also, what is the means by which recommenders submit the letters (electronic, mailbox, or other)

As you can see, I am clueless regarding the recommendation portion of PharmCAS. If anyone knows anything else insightful, let me know please.

Hi, things were really hectic lately and I just lost track of some things. But I submitted the transcript request form to my registrar last week, and it mailed out this past Monday.

How long does it take for Pharmcas to receive it? Will I be able to e-submit my application before they receive it? A school I'm applying for's deadline is coming up on Nov 1st.

Since it takes up to 5 weeks for my GPA to be calculated on pharmcas after e-submitting, do schools require this to be calculated before their deadline? Or could I e-submit my app, say, 2 weeks before the deadline and it will be fine even though my GPA isn't verified?

Since it takes up to 5 weeks for my GPA to be calculated on pharmcas after e-submitting, do schools require this to be calculated before their deadline? Or could I e-submit my app, say, 2 weeks before the deadline and it will be fine even though my GPA isn't verified?

I believe as long as you E-submit before their deadline it is fine even though your GPA has been verified, not all LORs submitted, PCAT scores not yet submitted, etc

Do I put a R for courses repeated or my original grade? My transcript says RD (R for repeat and D for my original grade).